[PRIVATE] Burn this out of me
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
GAUCHO
& if we should die tonight then we should all die together

It might have taken them minutes, or mayhap days or weeks to finally reach the Oasis. Gaucho truly couldn't be sure. All he knew was he could feel hot glass grinding inside of his lungs and a cacophony of relentless buzzing inside of his bones and skull. He moved through the world of oranges and skybright mirages without seeing or feeling anything other than the swiftening degradation of his mind and body.

Until

Ice. Cold. Fire. Burning - no, melting? His mind couldn't comprehend what it was that he was feeling, but the mental swirls that his decomposing brain spat out looked almost like..

Ophelia? He saw the scent of ice tinged with red. It felt sharp, like her horn, jaded like her history, and hard like the lines of her body. It was blue and red like her eyes and-

It was water. Water rushing against his body. Even in the heat of Tallsun the Oasis was cool, and as Sikeax guided him deeper into it, it became even colder. It wasn't Ophelia, but the imagery of ice and white and red and blue wasn't inapt. White light flooded his vision as his glassy eyes cleared ever so slightly. Vaguely Gaucho was aware that someone had moved away from him - out from under his wing - for the warmth which had just been there was replaced by the gentle rush of cold fluid against his burning sides. He even vaguely felt splashes of water against his shoulders and back, though his still swimming-gaze couldn't quite pick out from where.

Slowly, annoyingly so, his body temperature began to lower. Lucidity began to slowly drip back into what remained of his fractured mind, and his eyes finally cleared. Gaucho still stood uselessly in the Oasis appearing to barely be able to maintain his balance (though managing it somehow), but his blocky skull rose away from the surface of the water and towards where Sikeax had surfaced. Clearly not all was right with his mind, for it appeared as though she had surfaced from under the water - from where she had been for longer than she could have possibly held her breath. But the dun decided not to question it. 

"Si-k-e" He tried to say her name, but his dry throat barred the syllables from leaving it. With a frustrated grunt, the dun lowered his bone-pierced muzzle towards the water and took a slow drink. He meant only to take enough water so that his throat would allow him to speak, but the sensation of cooling was revitalized within him as the water hit his stomach and helped cool him from the inside out.

The Wildfire took a moment to relish in the white-crisp calm that had fallen over his body, not wanting to leave the respite that the oasis had given him by trying to force his mental faculties to work again. But duty was not something that you just gave up, not when you had born its weight for so long. And so, Gaucho lifted his lips from the water and tried to steady his blue-gray gaze upon the healer who had quite certainly prolonged his death, if only for a little while longer.  

"Thank you." The words were like cotton in his mouth, but he spat them out just the same. "Water what Gaucho need." He finished, his blocky antlered skull bobbing his appreciation as his sunken blue-striped shoulders tensed and allowed him to stand slightly taller. 

I am the queen of not proof reading, so you'll get no complaints from meeee.

Table style by Tamme!

@Sikeax

Messages In This Thread
Burn this out of me - by Gaucho - 08-04-2016, 09:16 PM
RE: Burn this out of me - by Sikeax - 08-04-2016, 10:33 PM
RE: Burn this out of me - by Gaucho - 08-05-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Burn this out of me - by Sikeax - 08-15-2016, 12:08 AM
RE: Burn this out of me - by Gaucho - 08-28-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: Burn this out of me - by Sikeax - 08-28-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Burn this out of me - by Gaucho - 08-28-2016, 01:33 PM