the Rift

[OPEN] Untitled

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

The girl’s greeting is amicable as she introduces herself. The little cloud of night keeps throwing Lyanna for a loop. It’s not that she necessarily forgets it’s daytime, but it does seem to trick her sense. If she looks in one direction, the sun is bright and miserable and sweltering. But everywhere around her, it is dark and slightly cooler (though likely not as cold as it is around the girl, she’s not trying to invade personal bubble’s here). It’s pleasant, but just a bit trippy.

“I’ve heard of Alune, though I admit, I have not property met him either. How do you like being his apprentice?” she asks, genuinely curious. She knows plenty of the healers at this point, and some of the crafters, but she’s spent little to no time interacting with the other jobs here. What good would she be as a sneak? She could fight, and perhaps she’d see if someone wanted to help her brush up on her vague skills, but in truth, she hating fighting and avoided it. And she knows nothing, really, of those tasked with keeping the history of this place. And of course, she knows nothing of the history of this place. Not really.

Erthe though, perhaps knows more. But most do, of course. Lyanna hasn’t even been in Helovia a year yet, though somehow she wears a title that would imply she’s been around far longer. Erthe seems more like the horses she’s becoming used to around here. Where Lyanna is plain and simple in this place (still strange, and still a good thing), Erthe is beautiful and slightly ethereal. She is almost entirely white, but for stunning pale, turquoise eyes (well, eye), and a slight blue sheen (which might, honestly, be a trick of the light), and glitter. Along with the dual horns, the many various items, the snowy wings. Perhaps, if Lyanna were anyone else, she’d be jealous. But instead, being as simple and plain and she is mean that she’s safe.

Have you been here long? The other mare asks, almost as if reading Lyanna’s thoughts. Perhaps she is. The tri-colored mare still has no idea what kind of magic runs in this land. It is not purely elemental, as she grew up with. She continues, admitting she hasn’t been here long, but that it always felt like home. Ah. If only. If only she could pretend this place always felt like home. It felt like an escape, like a place to hide, like a temporary retreat. It is only somewhat recently beginning to feel like home, and even still, it depends on the day. “Less than a year, honestly. I arrived in Orangemoon, so I guess almost a year now, if this heat ever goes away.” She chuckles slightly, a wing lifting to gesture toward the bright light of day just beside them. She tried not to bring small talk to the weather all the time, but Tallsun was brutal. “It wasn’t quite so hot, where I come from. Still getting used to it.”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-08-2016, 08:42 AM