the Rift

[OPEN] Untitled

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

In truth, she has no idea what Alune does, exactly, other than commune with the Moon Goddess on occasion and keep the history of the Edge. Which, to be fair, seems like quite a lot if she really thinks about it. What it’s not is necessarily an active, do-stuff kind of job. Not in the way going out and gathering herbs is, or sparing, or stealing. It doesn’t make it less, just different.

Erthe talks about her job, and Lyanna listens, genuinely interested. Well, technically not the girl’s job yet, and she’s not quite grown. Though from the looks of her, she is certainly close. Lyanna doesn’t really know what that’s like, truthfully. She was born a princess. Turning two or three or any age really never changed the expectations put on her, other than she was expected to stand longer, smile prettier, etc. It wasn’t like here, where your life and your job didn’t really begin until you’d come of age.

“It sounds like a really interesting job, and I’m sure Alune will keep you busy when the time comes. But if you are ever bored, I know nothing, and I would love to learn more about the history here,” she says, really meaning it. “But only if you are bored,” she says with a bit of a grin. She doesn’t want to put the girl out either, or be any needier than she already feels. It’s still hard, learning everything so quickly while also trying to be of use and not just in the way. At least she’s less in the way now than she used to be, having at least some clue how this place works.

The topic switches to the weather, and to her credit, Erthe makes it sound like a conversation and not just pleasantries. Lyanna’s about to ask what it’s like in the north, and then take to the sky and get there just as quickly as possibly (we hasn’t she thought of that?), when the girl says maybe this will help?. Lyanna flicks an ear forward, curious, but the girl is already crossing the remaining distance between them, pressing her neck against Lyanna’s.

The chill is instantaneous. It’s not enough to make the heat disappear, but it’s certainly enough to be refreshing. Lyanna actually sighs, a smile slipping onto her face. “That,” she says with a bit of a laugh, “is amazing.” Clearly, it doesn’t bother her to have someone in her own personal space without invitation. Maybe it should, and certainly it would if that someone was unwelcome. But Erthe is pleasant, kind, and a herdmate, and Lyanna doesn’t think twice. Besides, why would she? The girl is literally cooling her down. No complaints. “Thank you. Though if you don’t mind my asking, does it keep you cold as well, or do you feel like the glaciers in the north?”

watch how i soar.

lyanna

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-08-2016, 08:42 AM