the Rift

[OPEN] Untitled

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan
My thoughts are the cold kind,
I've got storm clouds brewing behind my eyes

The grass was coarse and dry between her teeth, tough and chewy like everywhere else in Helovia these dry, hot days. Yet somehow Erthë thought it tasted decidedly better. Was it the mist that made it more dewy and refreshing, the salt carried in by the ocean breeze to lend everything a crunchy edge? Maybe it simply was the grass of home, and that's why it tasted so good. Another bet would be the spice called hunger and the added bonus of company. It was never as fun to dine alone, no matter how much Erthë usually told herself that she wanted it that way.

She laughed between mouthfuls, nodding vigorously. "You should have been there, it was a sight! I had promised to help out, it was really Arah and Tilney who was supposed to do it. But when I got there it turns out Arah had done it all herself, and when me and Tilney and Tembovu came there she was covered head to hoof in reek, so tired and dirty that you wouldn't believe it. I mean, its Arah we're talking about here! She's never got a spot on her normally, I just felt so sorry for her... "

She grinned at the memory, eyes dancing merrily as she shared the tale with Lyanna.

"And you wouldn't guess what Tembovu said then... "

On she went, talking and laughing as they picked their way through the woodlands, ripping mouthfuls of grass and stealing sips of water from the cold springs that hid between weaving roots. Slowly, the day aged from midday to afternoon, and by the time Erthë realized what time it was she no longer needed her bracelet to hide from the sun. As she pulled the gleaming filigree from a slender leg and transferred it to the tail the night around them faded, broken up by the green-tinted rays of golden light that filtered down through the canopy.

"I should get going" she said reluctantly, and looked from the fading daylight to Lyanna. "I need to see if I can find my dad, and I should tell Alune I'm back too... It was really nice chatting with you, we should do it again some time!"

After leaning in for a parting hug, the young dove retreated into the shadows of the forest, merging slowly with the approaching mist... and then she was gone.

Erthë
And my heart will be blacker than your eyes
when I'm through with you
image | coding

@Lyanna - Erthë out! I suck at ending threads, never mind the crappy fade out lol.
Let me know if you want to thread again sometime, this was fun <3

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-06-2016, 11:14 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-06-2016, 05:06 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-07-2016, 03:47 PM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-07-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-08-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Untitled - by Erthë - 08-13-2016, 11:23 AM
RE: Untitled - by Lyanna - 08-23-2016, 08:29 AM