the Rift

[OPEN] wild dogs cry out

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

when your eyes are red and emptiness is all you know
with the darkness fed i will be your scarecrow</style>

The relief that washed over his face and that she heard in his tone was a telltale sign of just how much he cared about Ranjiri and it made Ktulu glad that her daughter had had a brother that cared about her so. But she was not there to talk to Cera about the girl, so she had pressed on and it seemed that he understood what she had meant by telling him that family wouldn't be turned away from the Falls. His surprise made her frown because she knew then that Ranjiri had been right in telling her that he hadn't felt like he was part of their screwed up family.

He thanked her and she nodded her head and opened her mouth to speak, but Cera was speaking once more, and so she pressed her lips together and listened. It was not hard to detect the bitterness in Cera's tone when he spoke of Midas, but it wasn't something that Ktulu would call him out on. She held her own resentment and bitterness for the stallion that she didn't know if she would ever be able to let go of. "I asked him to stay with us. For you both to stay with us." Ktulu said. "I couldn't very well leave the Foothills, we had only just captured it... and I don't care much for the desert." She sighed and pressed on.

"I know its too late for me to be a mother to you, but if you need something I'm in the Falls."  The notion of mothering Cera was ridiculous, he was a fully grown stallion, but he had cared for her daughter, Ranjiri considered him her brother so if there was anything she could do for him she would. "I can't offer you an unbroken family," She continued on, "but I can offer you a family nonetheless." 

Her crimson gaze fell from Cera and looked toward Eytan as he finally pulled himself out of the ocean surf. He'd had enough of the waves crashing over his head and so he made his way over to Ktulu and sat by her hooves. 'I hate sand.' He groaned. 'Its all stuck in my fur.' Ktulu shook her head and as she did she caught the glint of gold out of the corner of her eye.

"When Midas and I first met I was living in the Dragon's Throat." She told Cera. "I was pregnant with Hototo, I believe. I helped him on a quest from the Earth God and when I left the Throat he gave me three strands of gold that he crafted himself. I've carried them with me in my mane for ... a long time. If you would like one of them you can have it." She offered, because as far as she knew neither of Midas' children had gotten anything to remember him by when he'd died.

"." 

Credits

@Cera

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
wild dogs cry out - by Ktulu - 08-06-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: wild dogs cry out - by Cera - 08-06-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: wild dogs cry out - by Ktulu - 08-06-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: wild dogs cry out - by Cera - 08-06-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: wild dogs cry out - by Ktulu - 08-06-2016, 08:06 PM
RE: wild dogs cry out - by Cera - 08-06-2016, 09:00 PM
RE: wild dogs cry out - by Ktulu - 08-06-2016, 10:27 PM