the Rift

[PRIVATE] Disarray

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

The torrent of abuse that she expects does not come; quite the contrary. Her Queen is polite, pleasant, and even asks about how the birth went. If anything, Alysanne's niceness only makes things worse, because it feeds the flames of guilt inside Nyx's heart and fans them until they are a raging inferno. If Alysanne had shouted back, argued and raged as most of the herd had done, then it would have been far easier for the ironheart to harden herself and descend into petty insult-slinging again. As it is, because the Queen is so darn reasonable, it means that Nyx has absolutely no escape from the apologies she needs to make.

God dammit.

But first, the question of the birth. "I've...had smoother." She remembers the blind panic of Esinakh's red bag, the sheer heart-ripping terror at the realisation that her darling girl wasn't breathing, the overwhelming relief when that little sparrow's chest finally heaved its first taste of Throat air. She does not know how to put that into words, nor does she want to, because she does not want Alysanne thinking she is trying to get sympathy in order to hide her crimes. "I was carrying twins, which comes with its own set of complications. Ironically, I needed a healer to help save one of their lives - karma's way of biting me on the ass, I assume." There's a hint of her usual sharp, sarcastic demeanour in her bitter words, and the ghost of past pains flickers momentarily across her face; but it is, indeed, just momentary, and she quickly turns her attention to the apologies she needs to make.

"Queen Alysanne - Aly -" It sounds so familiar, so friendly, so wrong when she's about to apologise for essentially ruining what should have been the proudest day of the mare's life, "- I cannot put into words how sorry I am for what happened in the meeting. I have absolutely no excuses for my behaviour. Of course, I could say that it was pregnancy hormones - as I'm sure you know, pregnancy can turn even the mildest-mannered mares into raging she-bitches - or jealousy, or the heat, and I'm sure all of those things played a part in my...outburst. But they are not to blame. That is all on me." Her voice aches with bitterness and remorse; true remorse, not the oh-I'm-sorry-honestly innuendo that she usually uses.

@Alysanne

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-09-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-13-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-30-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 09-25-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 10-22-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM