the Rift

[PRIVATE] Disarray

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

She dips her head in agreement with the notion that birthing twins is not easy. She has had three sets of the little shits now, although to all intents and purposes Oizys and Enyo don't count in that given that to the rest of the herd, they are simply adopted. There's no denying that she seems to have a genetic predisposition for producing twins, despite the toil they take on her body.

The first thing Alysanne does is to thank her, and the silver inclines her skull again in a gesture of respect and deference. Indeed, Tembovu's announcement had been a surprise, and the green-eyed monster in Nyx had thought that she may have been the chosen candidate upon Elsa's dethroning. After all, few had served the herd for longer or with more loyalty, and she had already been knocked back once when Elsa was promoted. That feeling of entitlement - because that's what it is, no matter how she tries to dress it up - played a large part in her outburst, but if anything it only vindicated Tembovu's decision not to choose her as queen. With her mouth and temperament, she would make a poor excuse for a leader.

That hardly makes it hurt any less, though.

Overall, the painted mare takes the apology well, and Nyx feels a great bubbling of gratitude. A less humble creature might have spat the apology back at the General's hooves, so it is a weight off her mind that Alysanne does not seem to hold a grudge. Alas, she does not think her list of other owed apologies will be so easy. "You would have every right to tell me to stuff my apology where the sun doesn't shine, but I am grateful that you haven't. You are a good woman, Aly." She might not particularly know the mare, but that's the impression she gets - humility, intelligence and an ability to forgive.

Three things that it's often been argued that Nyx lacks. It is swiftly becoming clear why the silver has been overlooked twice for a higher position, and perhaps instead of blaming those who choose not to promote her, she should look at herself.

She does a double-take at the paint's next words, although attempts to hide it by swinging her tail hard against her flanks as though she's been bitten by a fly. She truly hadn't thought that Alysanne would want to learn to fight - she assumed healers healed and nothing else. The fact she does want to, though, is a very pleasant turn up for the books. "I...Yes, I would be more than happy to teach you. I might be a loudmouthed, tactless dimwit but I do know my way around the battlefield." She flashes her queen a grin, before lapsing into silence whilst she adjusts her balance to lessen the weight on one leg. A thought has occured to her, one that she's been deeply curious of since the meeting, one that might be overly personal to ask but that she can't help letting slip from her jaws.

"For what it's worth, I think Tembovu made the right choice." There's genuine feeling behind the grey's words as she says them, looking intently and openly at Alysanne. "Out of curiosity, are you and he.....?" Her voice drifts off, feeling that the end of the sentence is implicit. The last time she'd discussed such things with their king, he'd made it clear that his heart lay with one mare. However, as Nyx knew from experience, he'd been swayed before. Perhaps Alysanne had captured his attention as well.

Hell, she'd definitely picked up enough unresolved sexual tension in the meeting to sink a damn ship.

@Alysanne

SHHH NO THIS DID NOT TAKE ME ALMOST A MONTH

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-09-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-13-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-30-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 09-25-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 10-22-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM