the Rift

[PRIVATE] Disarray

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

Alysanne honestly did not think she had told anyone to stuff anything where the sun didn’t shine, though that was likely more due to the fact that anger was only a new development for her in the last few years and she was still trying to wrestle with how to control it - so she had not learned the finesse of insults yet. She had only even cursed out loud once!

But that wasn’t really the point of what Nyx was saying, so she did not elaborate on that. At the comment of how she was a good woman, Aly ducked her head in thanks before returning the sentiment. “As are you, Nyx.” Aly replied with complete honesty - her green eyes soft and warm with a smile - for she truly believed that Nyx was a good woman. She knew how much courage it took to approach someone and apologize, to admit when you were in the wrong. That was a lesson that Aly was still learning for herself but one that was coming easier with age - and one she was sure she would have to learn quickly now that she was a queen.

She felt delighted when Nyx agreed to teach her a little bit of fighting, though she kept her reaction to a bright smile instead of a small dance of her hooves. “Excellent! I’m sure we can find the time. I’ve tried learning before but… things did not end well. I want to learn, I want to be able to defend my family and my home, but I can never seem to get past the block in my mind screaming at me that I’m a healer and I shouldn’t be causing wounds.” Alysanne hoped that with the right teacher (someone who wasn’t Tembovu, someone who wasn’t the same age as her son) she could push through that block. Or be pushed through it, as she suspected (and hoped) Nyx’s teaching style might be as strong as the mare herself.

And then… well, Aly couldn’t help it - as Nyx trailed off with her question and she realized what she was suggesting, the painted mare laughed. She tried not to, tried to get the burst of laughter under control enough for her to shake her head and utter a few breathless “No”s as she regained her composure. “We most certainly aren’t and I can guarantee that will never be the case.” After hearing how Tembovu and Elsa had engaged in some extracurricular activities together, Alysanne wasn’t surprised about the question - and she wondered if Nyx had known. Alysanne had only suspected - ever since Tembovu had arrived there had been no shortage of horses who looked as though they had just walked off a savannah, foals included.

It took a moment for Alysanne to realize that her laughter could have been offensive and that thought made the mirth die from her expression in an instant. “Sorry. That was rude of me, but Tembovu… well he just isn’t my type.” That seemed to be the most polite way of summing up her relationship with the Elephant King - she did not want to speak ill of him to a friend accidentally, and she was not sure what Nyx’s opinion or relationship was with Tembovu. It would hardly be very polite of her to just go around talking about how much she personally disliked the one who had just picked her to be queen by his side.

*ALYSANNE
lying on the edge of a star

@Nyx SORRY AGAIN
but I really wanted to have Aly respond to Nyx's question xD
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-09-2016, 06:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-13-2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 08-30-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:00 AM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 09-25-2016, 11:10 PM
RE: Disarray - by Nyx - 10-22-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: Disarray - by Alysanne - 11-21-2016, 11:28 AM