the Rift

[OPEN] Kaleidoscope of Colors

Syrena Posts: 207
Dragon's Throat Forger
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 hh :: 7 years
Thelxiepeia :: Royal Rougarou :: Water Kyra

She actually laughs at his response. Maybe socializing has actually been good for her. Maybe she’s finally learning to semi-function in society. You know, to have even some vague semblance of emotion (which would be a giant step forward on the progress ladder for her). Or, quite possibly, this is just funny enough to actually warrant emotion. Or lastly, and what’s she’s concluded is the most likely answer, Helovia is driving her insane.

Whatever the case, she does actually laugh. The sound is still pretty deadpan and mirthless though, so the effect of the laugh might fall flat. “Doesn’t matter why he’s quiet.” If she were anyone else, she’d probably have a sassy grin on her face, a flicker of mischief in her eye. But she’s not anyone else, she’s Syrena, and the comment is still as deadpan as the others. But there might be a hint of amusement in there somewhere.

“He has good taste though. I rather like my scales too,” she says at the next comment, batting away the internal wave of sadness that hits. It’s moments like those she is glad for her stony face, for the emotionless singsong of her voice. “He’s young?” It comes out as half a question, half a statement. She assumes, if he’s only just started speaking, that he’s young. She’s heard enough about companions over the years to have a vague idea how that all works. Though, obviously, she has no first hand experience.

He switches topics, and there’s no tact to the next question. Not that she cares, she doesn’t have any tact to offer in return anyway. “Why is your hair on the wrong side of your body?” she asks in return. Still, that deadpan voice, though at this point she’s managed to turn herself so she’s facing the stallion and the snake, whom seems very happy in his resting spot on the stallion’s head. She almost looks interested at this point, with those gray blue eyes at least not staring into the horizon instead of her unwanted company. “Part kelpie, part siren, part horse. Without any of the powers. Which makes me a fish, I believe.”

les words "chat chat"

Syrena

let the water take me

image credits
'

@Albrecht - no worries! I'm also not sure when Syrena decided to become sarcastic...sorry. she's so strange, lol

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Reli

Messages In This Thread
Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Syrena - 08-12-2016, 08:27 AM
RE: Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Albrecht - 08-13-2016, 02:53 PM
RE: Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Syrena - 08-23-2016, 08:40 AM
RE: Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Albrecht - 08-31-2016, 07:21 AM
RE: Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Syrena - 09-04-2016, 05:29 PM
RE: Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Albrecht - 09-11-2016, 10:07 AM
RE: Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Syrena - 09-14-2016, 01:39 PM
RE: Kaleidoscope of Colors - by Albrecht - 09-29-2016, 07:44 PM