the Rift

[PRIVATE] sins like skeletons are so very hard to hide [ampere]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia
The Transcended felt as though she'd been punched in the gut.  Even as Ampere explained, the ivory mare was reeling.  Gods, what had she done?  To go this long without even speaking to her mate was idiotic, even if that had been what he had wanted.  Time.  Space.  It all seemed immaterial now that someone else was noticing something about her Sun and Stars that she had not.  Was it not her job to watch out for him, to make sure that he was okay?  You lost that job when you left, Gaucho's voice whispered in the back of her mind, an accusatory stare appearing against her rapidly blinking eyelids.  And yet, what was worse?  Leaving, whether by choice or not, had to be better than simply standing idly wrong and letting something happen to Gaucho under her very nose.  Even if he was sleeping with half of Helovia instead of her.

But what was she supposed to do?  They had both said awful, hurtful things that couldn't be taken back, no matter how badly she wished they could.  She would give anything to go back to her appearance in the Riptide Isles, to fly straight home and demand her mate back, to prove to him that it was he and only he that she loved.  What had she done, though?  She'd flown straight into a stranger's wings, taken refuge in a stranger's home, and left it to her illegitimate daughter to break the news to Gaucho for her.

Drowning in guilt, it took a moment for her to realize that Ampere had stopped.  The silence stretched, the clock ticking until it would be obvious even to the distracted Mother of Companions that something wasn't quite right.  "I..."  Nothing followed.  She tried again:  "He..."  She swallowed hard.  "What if it's my fault?"  A panic bloomed in her eyes as she considered what Ampere had shared.  Gaucho, weaker?  Distant?  Distracted, perhaps?  She hadn't thought him to be the type to brood, but perhaps...

"I... we... there was a fight," she continued lamely, wanting to withhold her weakness but finding the words spilling forth all the same.  "When I got back to Helovia last -"  Gods, how she hated those words leaving her mouth! "- I had heard of Gaucho taking another lover.  I thought that he'd be better off just thinking I'd died or something.  I didn't want to cause any problems if he was happy.  So I ran off and... I made a mistake, and when Gaucho found out, he was furious.  We both said things we didn't really mean, and that was the last I've spoken to him.  The last I've seen him, really.  Is it - do you think he's distracted because of me?  Or is it - is he sick?  Or...?"  She trailed off, at a lost and afraid, wondering if she'd just given Ampere the ammunition she'd need to destroy her.

"Talk talk talk."

Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...

@Ampere - if you don't want to continue this one since it's so old, I understand!  Feel free to of course, but I didn't want you to feel obligated. :3
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: sins like skeletons are so very hard to hide [ampere] - by Sohalia - 10-14-2016, 02:36 PM