the Rift

[OPEN] The beginnings of forever

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie

Arah

I see you, you see me; that's one love, let's be free.
Then paint the town, red as roses.
Sky high until the heavens open.
I bleed for it, I cry for it and I'm free falling.

From the moment she'd realised she was pregnant she had begun to leave The Edge less and less, preferring the feeling of safety her home provided. Besides from remaning in one area, she continued on with her life as normal and aside from the swelling of her sides all was. Yet the further she progressed into her pregnancy the buried fears bubbled to the surface and eventually broke free. The fears for her child's life. While she knew that it was normal for most new mothers to worry about nonsensical things in regards to their child, she could not help feeling that her profound fears were unquestionably realistic. Asch and Arwen never left her mind or heart and while she'd been able to find happiness without them, the pain of their absence was something she'd always feel. So she promised herself that this time would be better, different. This time she would be around to protect the life of her child. This time, if it came down to it, the universe would take her life instead of her baby's.

Wynter inspected the comforting nest-like area the doe had built for her birth. Her bonded had been watching her closely, helping keep her emotions steered more towards delight and joy at the prospect of getting a second attempt at motherhood rather that downright depression and doubt about the new phase her life was entering. After all that was what she was supposed to be feeling right? Happiness not despair? The idea that she was signing herself up for more potential pain gave her pause, would she be able to endure another child's passing? They said you shouldn't worry about things unless they were actually happening but the doe couldn't help herself. Because the unthinkable had happened to her, she' lost both children.

The griffin's weight landed on her rump, the doe sighed and allowed the darkness to ebb away from her. The time was different! She was in a warmer home, so her child wouldn't have to endure such harsh winters. She was in a better situation, Tilney was here and he wasn't going to leave her. This pregnancy had been much easier, she was quite sure that this time there would only be one babe. Closing her eyes and allowing herself a few deep breaths, Arah smiled as the calm infiltrated her system. It was then a sharp pain gripped her, she breathed deeply and opening her eyes once the sensation had passed. "Tá sé am." Wynter nodded and Arah settled down for the labour. This part at least she knew well. Learning from experience she lowered herself down into the flattered grass to prevent her knees buckling, then she waited. It was all she could do in-between the spasms of pain which slowly worsened. "Dul." The doe managed between gritted teeth, her bonded understood. Spreading her wings she went in search of Tilney.

Calm as possible as she laboured, she relied upon her body and past experience to tell her what she needed to do. So she listened to what it wanted, breathing and birthing her child into the world. There was a burning, then another pain, one final push and a wave of warm dampness between her legs. For a moment she did not move, her mind blank and breathing wheezy. She had done it, she was a mother once again! Breathlessly she lifted her head and looked upon her pale child, love...utter adoration filled her as her golden eyes beheld her baby. She couldn't get to the child soon enough, wanting to hold the warm, wanting feel the breaths and gentle heartbeat of the new, perfect arrival. Within moment Arah was cleaning her child, humming as she did so. She only paused when a thought other than cleaning and soothing her baby occurred. The child needed a name, stopping her cleaning for a moment she inspected her child.

The thought of naming her vanished and joy once again bubble over. A girl.
She'd given birth to a beautiful girl.
Her daughter.

@Tilney @Maude

Open but please wait for Tilney and Maude to post first!
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Messages In This Thread
The beginnings of forever - by Arah - 08-12-2016, 05:45 PM
RE: The beginnings of forever - by Tilney - 08-13-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: The beginnings of forever - by Maude - 08-15-2016, 09:27 AM
RE: The beginnings of forever - by Arah - 08-15-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: The beginnings of forever - by Glasgow - 08-16-2016, 01:10 AM
RE: The beginnings of forever - by Ultima - 08-16-2016, 02:38 AM
RE: The beginnings of forever - by Tilney - 08-21-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: The beginnings of forever - by Maude - 08-23-2016, 09:26 AM