the Rift

[PRIVATE] we could be immortals

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE

His wolfish grin widens at her first words, whilst his tail flickers idly behind him. "It is only unsafe if you are unprepared for the toils it entails. I have grown up as an outcast; I know nothing else, and my mother taught me how to survive from a very young age. Without a herd to protect you, you have to learn to protect yourself. Adapt, or die." Not the most glamorous description of roguehood, but it is completely true. Being an outcast isn't easy, and it takes a certain type of character to be able to survive without a herd behind them. The leviathan prides himself of being one of those rare few, and he has survived to the grand old age of three without any life-threatening incidents.

His eyes lazily roam across her; she looks strong and sturdy enough, so he is fairly sure she would be able to survive in the wilderness. Perhaps he should try and lure her away from her herd, to live with him as part of his harem....But he is getting ahead of himself. A collector he may be, but he has received no signs that this mare actually wants to be collected. He has his plans in mind, and they will require loyal followers. Yet there is no ulterior motives behind his genuine interest in this quirky little mare, and he listens to her description of her home with rapt attention.

It is interesting that the Falls' leaders took their crown by battle - that must mean they are good at it, which will make it all the harder for Volterra to seize control. But, he reasons, this is why he has trained so hard since he turned two - so he can fight for the throne he desires. It will not be easy, but war shouldn't be. "Your parents fought against the current leaders? Did the leaders not chase them from their lands once their invasion was complete? The young stallion is interested; if it was him, he would have chased out every single horse who fought against him, but perhaps this is too....harsh. Perhaps forgiveness, and welcoming one's vanquished foes into your ranks, is the way to run a successful herd. These are all things the beast needs to learn if he is to be a good leader.

image credits

@Vitani

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-15-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-15-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-16-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-17-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-18-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-23-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-24-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 09-02-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 09-02-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 09-02-2016, 05:22 PM