the Rift

[PRIVATE] we could be immortals

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE

She speaks; her words reveal that her mother was killed in front of her. For a moment the goliath's stomach clenches, imagining the scene. He abhors the murder of children, but to slaughter a mother in front of a child...it is almost as bad, especially if the foal would be condemned to death as well due to lack of milk. "That sounds...horrific." The act of killing is not a pretty one, this he knows. To watching eyes, it must seem disgusting, terrifying. If that watcher is a mere child...it hardly bears thinking about.

He thinks that perhaps he should offer sympathy, but he still hardly knows this woman and has not yet judged whether she is the sort who mistakes sympathy for pity, and who would not appreciate such a thing. So he says nothing, although the expression of disgust in his eyes shows what he thinks of those who would kill the mother of a young child without good reason.

She steps backwards, and the stallion watches her with interest. She appears...almost concerned about the fact she has revealed so much to him, which he can understand. Although he wears many of his emotions on his sleeve - such as his anger - he also keeps several of them hidden within, smothered from the world. He loathes the idea of displaying any perceived weakness. "Do not be ashamed of your grief, Vitani. You witnessed something that no child should ever have to see, yet you survived it and have grown to adulthood. You should be proud." It's odd to feel his lips forming such a compliment towards a complete stranger, yet he knows weaker creatures would have crumbled after seeing such a thing. Hell, seeing his mother captured had almost driven him to madness - he cannot imagine how he would have coped seeing her killed.

He pauses for a moment before allowing his crimson gaze to cloud over with anger. "If it was me, however....then I would have made it my life's ambition to hunt down and slay my mother's killer. I confess it would not have been the healthiest course of action, but it would have made me feel better." At heart, Volterra is deeply and uncontrollably vengeful; an eye for an eye.

image credits

@Vitani

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-15-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-15-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-16-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-17-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-18-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-23-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-24-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 09-02-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 09-02-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 09-02-2016, 05:22 PM