the Rift

[PRIVATE] we could be immortals

Vitani Posts: 92
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: Three Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Sarabi :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire Emily
Vitani the Reckless

"That sounds...horrific." I speak almost at once after him. "It was." My voice is flat, desperately trying to hold in my emotions. "It was worse, having magic flowing in my veins, but being unable to save her." I only had my defensive magic at that point. Not my healing magic. Maybe if I had that, I could of.... Maybe, just maybe. As I step back, I can feel his gaze on me. He's watching every move I make now. I can not tell if it's out of interest, or some other reason. He speaks finally. "Do not be ashamed of your grief, Vitani. You witnessed something that no child should ever have to see, yet you survived it and have grown to adulthood. You should be proud." Without hesitation I speak again. "My grief is my weakness. To allow anyone see me weak.... It's unacceptable."

I hold my head higher now, trying to look strong. Sarabi moves about around us, watching close to see if he was going to do me harm or anything. "If it was me, however....then I would have made it my life's ambition to hunt down and slay my mother's killer. I confess it would not have been the healthiest course of action, but it would have made me feel better." His words catch my attention. I had thought of that of course. But being as small as I am, I have not had the chance. Not to mention, I have yet to see that demon murderer since. Sarabi's markings glow slightly at the thought. I'd burn him alive, if given the chance. I know. If we ever get the chance. I look back to those haunting red eyes before speaking again. "I have nothing more than his description. No name, no home, nothing else."

If only. If only I got the chance. I would become a murderer myself in the memory of my mother. I know that would not be what she would want. But he was right. It would make me feel better. I wouldn't feel like my life was a waste. "I can not speak well of the current leadership of the Falls. As they also allowed something very dear to me, to be taken as I slept..They did nothing to stop him.. I found out later one lead knew the asshole.. They looked alike, so I question if they are family..." This was only the second time I have spoken of the loss of my mother's Earth God feather. Someday, I will get it back. Somehow.

"speech here"
Sarabi Talks

short quote
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image by semper

@Volterra

Messages In This Thread
we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-15-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-15-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-16-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-17-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Volterra - 08-18-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: we could be immortals - by Vitani - 08-23-2016, 05:49 PM