the Rift

[OPEN] the meantime

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
It has been a long day for the oceanic pair. It hadn’t been more than two or three days after Nimue’s hatching that they had ventured from the Basin’s borders and descended into the wilds of Helovia—Tiamat ever eager to share this beautiful world with the newborn babe, and the small orca entertains her bonded with only an initial bout of hesitation. Miles and miles of rolling hills and summer meadows had passed beneath them. Perhaps the mare’s subconscious destination is the Endless Blue, where she might show Nimue to her great father and share in their joy.

Whatever the reasoning, the pair ultimately finds themselves within the trees of the Secret Grove. While undoubtedly strained from their travels, stumbling upon the crystal waters of the lake had renewed their energy, and now they explore it together. Laughing a breathless sort of sound, Tiamat dances through the shallow waters, gasping when she suddenly stumbles as the pond’s floor abruptly drops to lower depths. It is a humorous sight—the mare graceless, almost clumsy, as the water rises over her head and she practically belly flops forward. The loud splash draws the little orca’s attention, a high-pitched whistle of worry emitted before she darts to where the ocean mare had disappeared.

With only a few bubbles of warning, Tiamat erupts to the surface in a spray of mist, her doe-eyes wide before she laughs more freely (and all the while, water is snorting from her nose). “I’m all right,” she coos to the young Leviathan, assuring her that all is well. Nimue’s crystal-ice eyes are still wide with concern, her fledgling mind too sensitive to fear. Sensing her companion’s distress, the blue mare presses her nose to Nimue’s slick forehead, blowing out a comforting, warmth breath. “I think that’s enough of the water for tonight. We have tomorrow, and the next day—and all the days after that,” she smiles softly before she turns, wading to the banks while Nimue takes a final chance to leap in and out of the water.

Once cloven hooves are on grounded soil, Tiamat shakes vigorously, her hair a mass of tinkling shells and water droplets. Watching her bonded, Nimue chirps before attempting to follow suit. Having no hair of her own, the blue whale looks—quite literally—like a fish out of water. Tiamat giggles when the movement catches her eye, shaking her head before reaching out to the writhing whale in mid-air, wrapping her neck around the creature (no larger than her own head) and pulling her into an embrace.

Thereupon, it is the pair’s intention to find a place to rest. However, when a shadow catches her attention a few paces from the pond, the ocean mare hesitates in her stride, inspecting the figure. “Rikyn?” She questions softly, turning her body and threading through the trees to better see the dark stranger, with Nimue trailing at her opposite flank. Beneath the glow of the moonlight, she catches gold—markings she remembers from one particular individual. “Rikyn! Hello, my friend,” Tiamat smiles widely, breaking through the forest line to join him upon his little hillock. Reaching his shoulder, she extends her muzzle to him like the first time they had met, a gesture of familiarity and friendship.

“It’s been so long since I’ve seen you; even around the Basin, I’m surprised our paths haven’t crossed,” a giggle breezes from her tongue, her white eyes dancing like her damp skin, glittering beneath the rays of moonlight. Of course, the Mender knows nothing of the stallion’s current dwelling—with as much love she has for the mountain valley, she is unable to consider the idea that anyone would want to leave it. “How have you been?” She turns to look to him, her hair falling over one side of her face as she tilts her head, dainty ears slanting forward attentively.

notes; Hope you don't mind! Also, I figured Tia didn't notice Duir, hence not mentioning him :3
Nimue reference <3
“Speech.”
From the deep sea of clouds, to the island of the moon,
carry me on the waves
to the lands I’ve never been,
never seen.

@Rikyn | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
the meantime - by Rikyn - 08-16-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: the meantime - by Tiamat - 08-19-2016, 10:02 PM