the Rift

Fireflies in a Mason jar.

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
In my scarecrow dreams,
(When they smash my heart into smithereens)
Be a bright red rose come bursting the concrete.

"We have to go!"

"We do! We do!"

Sacre wouldn’t know what to do with his life if there wasn’t one fox echoing another in his head, they bounced off each other perfectly, as if they had been born to be together. It cluttered his mind with words, but the fox boy often found that he frequently got the urge to fill the silent gaps whenever they lasted too long, he had gotten far too used to the endless chatter. Recently, this trait had even extended into his interactions with other horses, he hated silent moments and would often, impulsively, fill them with random conversation. It didn’t matter what he talked about, he could talk about anything for a millennia and more, as long as it negated the seemingly inevitable quiet—Sacre understood the quote about silence being loud.

Today, however, he was being dragged through the Threshold once again by two overly eager vulpine, Inari and Ríona, who bounded along in front with their destination set on a group of horses they had scented. Sacre didn’t mind coming to the Threshold often, it gave him more chances to look for Roux, if his twin was still apart of a herd, then maybe he might frequent the area often. Yet, still the fox boy hadn’t seen his twin in a long time and the only thing that reassured Sacre that his brother was okay was the red arrow that was tangled in his black tail. A connection to Roux and one that hadn’t glowed since the last time he saw his other, redder half. Perhaps he should of asked for the arrow to locate Roux instead…

Cutting his thoughts short were a cluster of voices and Sacre, after rounding another turn and negotiating a prickly bush, came across a trio of oddities all talking—negotiating. The girl who was the centre of the topic had wings like a firefly whilst her coat was a clash of purple and gold right up to her eyes, the very eyes Sacre now tried to get in front of. “Ahhh so you’re new!” he beamed his best, bright smile that lit up his dark face in a moment typical of his personality. He had heard her name earlier before jumping into the conversation, but admittedly, didn’t know if he could pronounce it properly and settled on calling her Lu until otherwise told.

The two welcoming before him had already introduced themselves and where they were from, the Basin and the Throat, one an old haunt and the other a recent memory. The pale unicorn had a companion laid across her withers and his two fox friends had already spotted it, their beady watching from down on the ground where they sat under the belly of their bonded. “I’m Sacre, a Nurse from the Worlds Edge” he offered to everyone gathered, nodding his head with a simple greeting before giving each a smile, finding it oddly amusing how varying they were in sizes. Especially the big orange hybrid who Sacre remembered from herd meetings in the Dragons Throat and that one time they had dug holes together along with Megaera. That almost felt like a lifetime ago.

“You can come live with us, if you like” he turned back to the firefly mare, extending the offer to her with his bubbly voice before explaining “our herd is large, there’s many you can befriend, including me” he grinned.

ooc: -dropkicks him in- (I think there's a bold tag that needs closing somewhere in the table above :3)

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Fireflies in a Mason jar. - by Luciérnaga - 08-16-2016, 12:16 PM
RE: Fireflies in a Mason jar. - by Hector - 08-16-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Fireflies in a Mason jar. - by Rexanna - 08-16-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: Fireflies in a Mason jar. - by Luciérnaga - 08-18-2016, 11:17 AM
RE: Fireflies in a Mason jar. - by Sacre - 08-19-2016, 03:25 AM
RE: Fireflies in a Mason jar. - by Hector - 08-20-2016, 11:44 PM
RE: Fireflies in a Mason jar. - by Rexanna - 08-21-2016, 03:23 PM