the Rift

Life's always lived in the eye of a storm

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The other two mares seem quite awestruck with the blue Mender’s control of the water, and she smiles to both of them, eyes shining happily beneath the orange mare’s praise. Tiamat is far from a proud character, but she does enjoy being complimented—doesn’t everyone? She firmly believes that all people should be acknowledged for their accomplishments, whether great or small. It only makes sense to reward those who aren’t searching for it.

With the bubble completed, she gives a single shake of her head, seashells chiming as water droplets sail from her hair. “Thank you,” the ocean mare murmurs gratefully when Paradox agrees to give Ashamin her well wishes. The other mare’s smile does not go unnoticed; it doesn’t surprise Tiamat that others have taken to the painted buck as she has. He is a wonderful friend and confidant (perhaps that is why his leaving has stung her so profoundly, every glance to his dark cave drumming the wedge deeper into her heart). She manages to maintain her easy grin, but for a moment, a sadness darkens the light in her eyes.

“Oh Tiamat! How are you!?”

The Time Mender turns her head at the sound of her name, recognizing the familiar voice before he joins them, his arrival a welcomed distraction from the ugly bitterness festering stubbornly in her heart. “Tilney, my friend!” Tiamat smiles with a familiar affection, reaching out to the tawny stallion in greeting. Dainty ears prick forward when he continues, her eyes widening at his joyous news. “What? You’re a father?! Congratulations! I’m sure she’s beautiful,” a laugh breathes past her lips, nearly giddy at the thought of her friend and his precious little bundle!

When Tilney begins to describe his homeland, Tiamat returns her pale eyes to the large gray mare. While the Basin is undoubtedly the most perfect home in the whole world, she wouldn’t dare pressure anyone to join her in her beloved mountains; she has never visited the Edge, but she is sure that it has its own beauty.

All the same, she smiles happily when Narcissa decides to join her in Helovia’s north, her heart soaring in excitement. “Oh, wonderful! You’ll love the Basin,” her assurance comes with glittering eyes and without hesitation, not understanding how anyone wouldn’t love the white north. “We should probably get moving before the rain catches up with us much more. It was lovely to meet you, Paradox, I hope to see you again,” Tiamat inclines her head in the orange mare’s direction, honestly wanting to see her again. “It’s always a pleasure, Tilney; I’d love to meet that daughter of yours soon,” there is a twinkle in her eyes as she leaves the antlered stallion, his joy infectious.

Turning her gaze back to her newest herd mate, the ocean mare beckons to her with a grin, Nimue floating comfortably at her shoulder. Allowing the rain’s water to return to its original course, she guides Narcissa through the thick trees, her steps light and eager to return home.

notes; I'll get a thread up for them in the Basin tonight!
Nimue reference <3
“Speech.”
tiamat
no dreams within her heart,
but dreams of love.

@Narcissa @Paradox @Tilney | image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Life's always lived in the eye of a storm - by Tiamat - 09-06-2016, 10:06 PM