the Rift

[OPEN] The Labor of Love [Birthing]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
The mare is polite, beckoning Lyanna closer and introducing herself as Raeden, and the boy as Gawen. The warrior hawk. She looks at the boy and smiles at that. “Fitting name for him.” The wings certainly fit the bill for his name, and he seemed strong and healthy, certainly capable of becoming a warrior one day. Maybe a bit clumsy, but he should be. She’d be rather surprised if she found a foal that stood and walked on the first try. “He seems quite healthy,” she offers, “And if you would like, I can certainly help restore some of your strength.” Though really, all things considered, Momma and Baby were doing quite well. She’d seen worse, though that was long ago, when she was a princess and not a healer.

The boy looks to his mother, and Tin and Raeden take to helping him stand. Lyanna steps back, staying out of their way as the boy learns how to get his feet under him. After a moment, Raeden looks to her and asks if foals are always this clumsy. Lyanna laughs lightly, a pleasant sound, something that’s more of a smile than anything else. She is obviously not laughing at the question, or the boy. “Usually, yes. Some get it a little faster than others, but so far, I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. According to my mother, it took all three of her children forever to stand. She says wings throw off a foals balance, though with my mother, that might have been an old wives tale. Like being cold makes you sick. Though I’ll certainly stick around till we make sure he’s on his feet.” Just in case, but she didn’t think there was any cause for worry yet.

Raeden also mentions the boy’s father, and though Lyanna doesn’t want to pry, she also wants to help. “Whos’s the stallion? When you no longer need me, I can see if I can find him.” Depending on who it was, or how far she’d have to travel. But wings did make it easier.  But soon, Tembovu is there as well, and she nods in his direction, a respectful mini-bow of sorts. “Tembovu,” she says warmly. She’s always been curious exactly what passed between him and Alysanne, but still, she has no personal reason to dislike their King, and so she doesn’t. Attention shifts back to Raeden and the child, as it should, and Lyanna turns her teal eyes back in that direction, watching the boy.

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Gawen, @Tembovu, @Raeden
eek, sorry for the waits guys!

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
The Labor of Love [Birthing] - by Raeden - 08-21-2016, 05:16 PM
RE: The Labor of Love [Birthing] - by Gawen - 08-21-2016, 07:45 PM
RE: The Labor of Love [Birthing] - by Lyanna - 08-22-2016, 06:54 PM
RE: The Labor of Love [Birthing] - by Raeden - 08-23-2016, 10:27 PM