the Rift

[PRIVATE] silver lining on a grey cloud

Kiuaji Posts: 40
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 9 HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Matanye :: African Crowned Eagle :: None Nova

Not even the clinking of gold and jewels is enough to take the edge off of the pain, the furious currents rippled through him each hobbled step he took with as much grace he could still gather around himself. Admittedly, it had been a fun way to blow off some steam to lock horns and dance in the tallsun — it had been such a pity that the roguish brute hadn't been swayed to come take a bite of his exotic curves. Ah, now there was a stud that promised to occupy his thoughts as he lazed and swanned the day away, that pitch hide was a stark difference to the colourful man who often held his amethyst gaze.

Now if only all the stallion's in Helovia looked like that, though the more he thought about that, he decided against that pleasant idea. He would never get anything done.

'Rest.' Matanye's voice punctuated through his train of thought, cold yet sprinkled with concern and just a touch of annoyance, at Kiuaji's defiance to simply sit still and rest. She was a little way ahead, her brillant copper and white plumage effortlessly danced between the sturdy trees as she looked for faces both familiar and foreign. "I shall do no such thing, my dear." He crooned out loud, and he's answered by a pointed jab within their bond which made his ears fall back against his lush locks. He continued forward despite finding it difficult to maneuver a fallen tree, inwardly he cursed himself as he felt his shoulder and it's bruised kisses throb with fevered enthusiasm. "Remind me next time to ask that they bring me dinner before they attempt to play rough." He muttered to his bonded, as she swooped to check on his struggling form.

Eventually, she left him there, sure that he would give up and simply lay on the blasted log and give up. Though as she flew, she found herself upon the scene of a birth. Not just any birth, but Adaeze and her swollen sides prepared to deliver life into the world. Her resignation comes as an uttered click as she nestled on a nearby branch and watched, no doubt Kiuaji would like to be here, rather than on some dirty tree which has gotten the best of him.

'Ada have Bov Cubs.'

It certainly got his attention, delicate head raised towards where Matanye had flown and he redoubled his efforts if only to get over this blasted tree, and on to a limping trot to take him to the birth. "How many?" He inquired lightly, he wasn't phased about these questions being asked outloud, breath exhaled as a stuttered snort. He should really see a healer whenever he can find time in his oh so busy schedule, both for the scraps, cuts and bruises which dotted his sides and for the sake of growing his poisonous flora in a snug corner in the green house.

'Two.'

Two. She's had twins, no wonder she had swelled like a hippo, he thought with a bemused chuckle. There's a strange mixture of emotions which welled up within him, a ripple which attempted to cause waves in his vast ocean. They're momentarily lost when he finally appeared in the clearing, and Matanye failed to inform him of the others present, he had assumed Tembovu would be here to witness the birth of his foals but there is another, a father and daughter duo who have come — a healer and his daughter.

"Ada, darling. Look at you and your magnificent hippo sides." Head tilted with an audible chime of gems and gold tassels, the feminine man shifting to rest on his three good legs. Lavender pools land on the boy and girl, he sees and the thoughts swam right back into focus. He had never held any particular fatherly urges in his life, he was a creature all about the pleasure and none of the responsibilities. Oh, he played the role of Uncle to foals who bounded up to him, their petite frames would dance between his lithe legs and he'd roll his eyes with a smirk. But that was different, there was still no responsibility which tethered him at the end of the day. Now, he was faced with another two additions to Tembovu's brood, and it seemed a chord had been struck within the serpent that made his scaled body crawl.

Jealousy, perhaps? But for what? Not having his own little brood? Unlikely he internally scoffed, he fixated it on that all these mares seemed to getting in on what he couldn't have.

"Pushing out elephant foals like it's nothing. I hope you don't expect me to babysit." He finished, Matanye finally moving from her perch to rest upon his back to hop closer to the newborns curiously, careful to keep her talons and beak from nipping as she examined. Eventually, his eyes come to rest on Tembovu, and his neck turned to mouth at a nearby branch until it came free. He kept it neatly between his maw as he shuffled forward, careful not to press weight on his injured shoulder and leg as he suddenly attempted to the branch against his muscled flank, once, twice and three times he wielded his makeshift weapon against the King.

It's lighthearted, despite the loud rustle of leaves and twigs against tanned hide which made it seem less so. He's never been able to best Tembovu with anything physical and he's not built for rough housing like he is, much to Kiuaji's relief, he likes being pretty and lithe. He takes small victories where he can grab them, so beating his old friend with a branch is the victory he takes this time around.

"We talked about this!" He started as he dropped the branch. "What did I say about going around and throwing your seed everywhere. You're like a farmer in a crop field, you filthy heathen." Mock exasperation in his voice as he jokingly berated his friend. "We'll be renaming the Edge, the Brood Shack! Home to King Tembovu and his small army of foals!"

"talk talk talk"

Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts

Credits: Image by Littlewillow-Art @ DA
[Image: kiuajipixel_by_abbie1234_d9nzm2x_by_drea...9nzm7u.png]

"let me shatter your frame of mind, my dear"

force & magic permitted on Kiuaji at all times
with the exception of maiming and death.

Messages In This Thread
silver lining on a grey cloud - by Adaeze - 08-22-2016, 06:15 PM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Tembovu - 08-22-2016, 10:00 PM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Zubari - 08-23-2016, 12:06 AM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Katua - 08-24-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Adaeze - 08-24-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Tilney - 08-25-2016, 10:11 AM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Maude - 08-25-2016, 02:26 PM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Kiuaji - 08-26-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Tembovu - 09-01-2016, 08:39 PM
RE: silver lining on a grey cloud - by Zubari - 09-01-2016, 10:38 PM