black my eyes [open]

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali

LELIEL</style>
 Art by Blu
 Code by Boom Boom</style>

The longer FrostFall lingers the more I begin to dislike it. The snow, fresh and soft, was nice at the beginning, but now it is beginning to compact on the ground. It makes walking without sliding difficult and foraging for food even more difficult. There are some places I have been that the snow is still soft, but is nearly shoulder deep and threatens to swallow you whole. If any foal stumbled into that they wouldn't make it out before hypothermia set in and began shutting down vital organs, allowing death to more easily take them in its cold embrace.

I think I prefer the snow drifts to the hard, compact snow that I've found now. It has begun to form layers of ice and it takes far too much work to scrape off the layers to get down to the dried, brittle grass that provides such little sustenance. Still, I scrape my blue hoof across the ground, gouging the snow slowly but surely. When a bite of grass reveals itself I take it. When there is nothing more I move on, sliding across the slick ground in the most ungraceful fashion. When my sliding stops I start all over again.

Eventually I work my way to one of the trees that have turned bare save for the icicles that dangle from it's skeletal branches. They are of little threat to me, for if they fall they are not high enough to penetrate my skin and they certainly aren't big enough to break bones. I stare at the tree for a few moments before I begin to chew on the bark, pulling strips of it from the tree and leaving the wood bare to the elements. The taste of bark isn't something I enjoy, but I'm hungry and I must feed myself if I intend to survive FrostFall.

NIGHT FALLS AND I'M ALONE.</style>

Messages In This Thread
black my eyes [open] - by Leliel - 10-23-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Bellatrix - 10-23-2012, 02:41 PM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Leliel - 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Bellatrix - 10-27-2012, 06:48 AM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Svetlana - 10-27-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Leliel - 10-30-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Bellatrix - 11-15-2012, 08:55 AM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Svetlana - 11-16-2012, 01:13 PM
RE: black my eyes [open] - by Leliel - 11-27-2012, 10:58 AM