the Rift

[OPEN] And I wonder at the world

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel felt a deep unsettling in her gut at the fact that her child had wandered from her absent wing to face the world alone. The feeling was akin to guilt but not quite repentant enough to be truly guilty. She had shared one moment of passion with Volterra, a stallion who still incited heat at the very thought, and that hardly seemed fair that she bring a life into the world. In all honesty, she was so unprepared.

A secret part of her heart wanted to forgive her mother for abandoning her, knowing she was continuing this pattern, but hate was a strong emotion. She used it as a shield, an excuse and reason for her very being. The hatred for her mother and her absence served as the basis for her rage, and if she had to forgive all of that at once... then who was she, really? What was left when the anger went away?

Emptiness?

Was she more than her anger? More than her drive and passion? Was there anything more solid to her being than the shaky foundation on which she tenuously built her entire psyche?

There were too many questions when before she had been so sure of herself. Damn her youth and narrow mindedness! The world was more than black and white. It existed in shades of gray where white only appeared so when in contrast to darker shades. Far too convoluted to make a judgment. But such thoughts were passed on secret. Surely there were crimes black enough to condemn and blasphemers so unholy that they must be struck down as heretics.

Her exterior was rigid, firm, but inside, she was filled with doubt. Even the metronome rolling of the ocean waves could not hold her firmly in her soul. She sighed and moved her toes around in the sand, wings tucked tightly to her sides as if she could physically hold herself together. The waning light of day, so beautiful upon the sea, only served to make her uneasy. Darkness would soon fall, and in the shadows, she could not hide. For she was a child of the sun.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

@Tyrath

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Messages In This Thread
And I wonder at the world - by Aithniel - 08-23-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: And I wonder at the world - by Tyrath - 08-24-2016, 12:56 AM