the Rift

[OPEN] never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: BLX1P.jpg]

SOHALIA

Much time had passed since the Transcended had returned to Helovia.  She had hidden first in the Falls, afraid to return to her homeland lest she be rejected by her ex lover.  She had returned to the Dragon's Throat only to have her sins blow up in her face.  She had moped about the oasis until she had found a home once more among the crafters of the desert.  And now, finally, she had come to feel that perhaps she was more than just her mate, more than just her children, more than just that mare that disappeared time and again, only to come crawling back with her tail between her legs.  Who was going to forgive her transgressions when she had never tried to forgive herself?

On this day, she had decided to pursue a long-dead dream:  the Academy.  Once upon a time, the ivory dove had dreamed of a school nestled among the golden dunes, a safe haven for the young and impressionable from the harsh world outside.  She had been a Sultana at the time, determined to make her mark on her herd and on the world outside their unfinished metal wall.  It would be glorious, she was sure of it:  they could teach children the ways of combat, the ways of magic, the ways of wisdom.  They could shelter their own young while simultaneously gaining leverage over the other herds who might send their own to study.  At the time, the atmosphere of Helovia had been chaotic, and such precautions had made sense, even if they left a bitter taste in the gentle leader's mouth.

Now, though, there had been naught but peace for quite a while.  She had not been present for the Rifts' appearance, nor had she been around for the aftermath.  Still, it had been several moons since she had heard of even the faintest stirrings of trouble.  Though she doubted that it would last, she found herself thinking that she would be much more likely to send her own children into the world when it was calm, like this.  Otherwise she feared she would merely clutch them to her breast in a futile attempt to protect them from the world.  A soft snort escaped her nostrils:  what a joke.  As though she could do anything to save anyone from the perils of truly living.

She set out across the sands, finding individuals and small groups scattered here and there, pausing to chat for a moment, to pass along her message.  By the time she had returned to her favorite spot in the oasis, a particularly large palm with long, shady fronds, the sun was beginning to set.  She had chosen this time of day so that perhaps they could evade the heat - she and any of the herd who wished to answer her summons.  As she passed among family, friends, acquaintances, and even strangers, she had hoped that perhaps she was not the only one who could see the benefit to having an Academy in their herd land.

As she sun sank ever-lower in the sky, Sohalia cleared her throat, gently requesting the attention of any who had gathered.  Speaking before a crowd had never bothered the Transcended, and it was obvious in the kind smile that she cast out across the assembled individuals.  "Good evening," she began, her calm soprano tones flowing across the desert sands.  "If you don't know me, my name is Sohalia.  As you are aware, I have asked you all here because I would like to start an academy - a school, here in the Dragon's Throat, that is open to all of Helovia, young and old.  It is my opinion that our land could benefit greatly from training in combat, magic, and wisdom, as well as the camaraderie that a school would help to build.  I have invited you all here to discuss ideas and plans for this school.  Please, feel free to speak."  And so she waited.

"talk talk talk"

Brighter than the northern lights
Want to live to feel the daylight

Summary:  Soh has spread the word by telling her herdmates and by talking to NPCs in other lands that she is holding a meeting regarding a school that she would like to open in the Dragon's Throat.  You can decide how your character heard about the meeting.  Set in the early evening when the sun is setting and it's cooling off but there is still a good bit of light.  Any questions, please feel free to let me know via PM or Skype (kalaera)!  :D  For more information regarding the original inception of the Academy, click here and for new information or application stuff, click here!

@ Ampere, @ Maren, @ Ophelia, @ Cirrus, @ Elsa, @ Cera, @ Hector, @ Amaris, @Sacre!

Tagging anyone who has expressed interest in the Academy in the past!  If you aren't interested, or if your character has changed players, or whatever, just disregard this!

Also, this thread is OPEN TO ALL!  If you think this is something you'd like to be a part of, then by all means, jump in!  :D

With that being said, this thread has NO POSTING ORDER.  I'm afraid that if it gets too many people, it will be a hassle to keep things straight!  :D

I plan to post again in about a week - so sometime around September 2-ish.
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
never know what temporal days may bring [Academy, open to all!] - by Sohalia - 08-25-2016, 03:28 PM