the Rift

Summer's Winter || Open

Kiada Posts: 181
World's Edge Nurse
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 2 years - Birdsong
Khairi :: Leucistic Lammergeier :: Paralyze Skylark
You think I'll be the dark sky
The equine mare seemed kind enough, which was more than alright for the filly and her companion. He returned the gesture from Edgar as a hello with an almost reluctant wave of his own wing – having not come across any other birds similarly bonded. Yet, his raptor eyes took it as a way of learning, a new way of greeting those that didn’t speak like the equines did – and then his attention turned onto the newcomer just as his bonded’s did. Kiada made a mental note of the mare’s name; Rie, it was. Almost expectantly waiting to see if the mare indeed thought she needed a home.

Ivory rimmed ears cupped forward as her name was mentioned, and delight spread through the buckskin filly at the outcome. The mare needed a home! But there were two of them here, from separate herds, and thus the competitive streak within the tiny child begun to grow. She spoke of being useless for herds searching for warriors, and Kiada nodded. She, herself, had become more interested in healing and the gifts that nature left for them, as Tiamat had said. All Kiada did was nod for the moment, as Elsa began to speak. She speaks of the Edge which causes Kiada’s attention to linger, part of her wishing to see the lands of which her father ruled. Edgar then squawked, and Khairi let his gaze linger on the zephyr a bit longer than usual, as if he were surprised at the outburst.

But then, Elsa turned to the filly, asking her where her mother was and how dangerous the lands were. A brief moment of anger flared in the child’s chest, causing wolves to engulf the deer that pranced along her back. Her ears wavered in uncertainty of whether or not she should tell the mare that she was fine and had made the journey many times before, or if she should lie to ease the pegasus’ worries. There were a few moments of internal debate before the flames returned to deer and a smile crossed the inky face of the girl. “Oh, I’ll be alright Miss Elsa. Mother’s never far, if I run off away from her, her companion is never far.” With this, she nodded as if to ensure her words rang true. “We come here a lot, you see.” She added in perhaps for extra effort. Then, she turned to the mare – definitely not finished yet in her chances of possibly recruiting the mare. The smile stayed on her pink splattered lips as her oceanic gaze sought the mares own icy orbs. “The land I’m from is beautiful. It’s to the North and every night there’s lights that dance in the sky. There’s lots of new people there, too. Some like you, and another like you” She said softly, dipping her head over to Elsa. “I didn’t hear anything about needing warriors. Mother is a Thief and I’m learning how to heal!” Her voice was soft and almost electric with her excitement.

"Talk."
so you can be the star? —
I'll swallow you whole.
Kiada
image | coding

Rex isn't going to come, Marembo (her companion) might make an appearance to soothe Elsa's worries ;)

@Malmuirie
@Elsa

IT'S SAID SHE'S MADE OF STORM CELLS
AND A WILD WOLF'S HUNGRY HEART,
THAT SHE'S LEARNT THE LIGHTNING'S SECRET
TO RIPPING DARKENED SKIES APART.

Messages In This Thread
Summer's Winter || Open - by Malmuirie - 08-25-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Summer's Winter || Open - by Elsa - 08-25-2016, 06:46 PM
RE: Summer's Winter || Open - by Kiada - 08-25-2016, 07:17 PM
RE: Summer's Winter || Open - by Malmuirie - 08-26-2016, 01:03 AM
RE: Summer's Winter || Open - by Elsa - 08-26-2016, 08:27 AM