Horus Tarkus Posts: 7
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: 7
Escapist
horus tarkus
History, despite it's wrenching pain, cannot be unlived,
but if faced with courage,
need not be lived again.
As the strong liver stallion stretched out his wings, Horus shifted. It was clear that the stud did not feel comfortable discussing his past, and while the young equine was indeed the curious sort, he had never been one to pry in his pursuits to satiate his thirst for knowledge. The way that the alicorn fluffed his feathers and puffed his chest signaled his eagerness to be off. He voiced as much when indicating to Horus that he must have been just as eager as he to return to the Dragon’s Throat. While he was indeed interested in meeting the entirety of this young creature’s herd, he was far more interested in getting a well deserved night’s rest. He had been traveling for days on end, and today had been no different. It was clear, however, that he would have needed to travel some distance more before they would be able to bed down.

Horus steadied himself, taking a deep breath of the forest air, letting it fill his lungs in preparation. He had to build up his will to continue to move his legs, as the consistent movement had slowly built a burn in his bones. Finally, he bobbed his cranium, allowing his blue orbs to rest for a moment before responding. “Yes, I am quite eager to see your home, Hector. More so, I suppose I’m looking towards a comfortable night’s sleep so that I might enjoy the day meeting your herd-mates.” He flicked his banner from behind as he moved forward, as if that would help his mind accept his decision to dismiss thoughts of sleep for now. If he would be taking the time to travel, he might as well make sure that he was going to enjoy the company. His mind thought back to what the winged stallion had mentioned about his fire colts. A gift from the sun god, he had said. The entire thought of such deities brought amusement to his sights; Horus had never been much for legend and myths like such. He had never had anything truly to spend time believing in. Sure, like any colt he had learned of gods and goddesses, of strange beasts who created all things, but he wasn’t sure if he truly believed those stories he had grown up hearing. He could recite most of them, as they were an important part of his history, but they had always felt like stories. Like Helovia was just a story. He still had much to learn.

“If you would be so kind, Hector, as you have offered to speak of your Dragon’s Throat, would you enlighten me about your herd? As well as your magic,” he asked, becoming quite sheepish. “I’d hate to appear ignorant, but it turns out that is indeed what I am. If you could explain to me more about this, I would be ever so grateful.”

===

Word Count :: 477
Muse :: Fair
Notes :: Sorry this is so short, but I figured since we were just wrapping up, it would be okay

"Talk."

coloring & coding credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Promise of Sweet, Logical History [Open] - by Horus Tarkus - 09-03-2016, 10:01 PM