the Rift

somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open]

Nefertari Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
ooc; I apologize, for I have no template or picture or anything fancy; only my words aid me here. Please excuse that, as I am new, and haven't really gotten around to trying to get any of that. In my experience, quality of writing counts much more than the beauty of the overall post.

ic;

Gleaming white wings spread out from the tall, willowy bodice of the filly. For a yearling, she was large- that is, she was standing at fourteen hands, but it was not a large feat, considering the size of her missing parents. She could still remember the massiveness of her mother, who had left her in this place six months ago. The filly closed her eyes in pain at the memory of the beautiful white mare, so healthy and strong... and then suddenly gone. The filly knew her mother and father were dead. She had seen the spots of blood on the ground. Despite her growing up on her own so far, she was not an idiot. Piecing the evidence together hadn't been hard. Something had killed her parents; question was, What did it? And how? Shaking herself, white mane tossing high like waves in the sea, she stretched her wings and whinnied softly.

Folding them up again, the filly pranced toward a patch of grass, and began to graze. She'd only ever attempted to fly once, and had nearly died. Nowadays, she simply stretched her massive wings whenever she had need to. Tilting her cranium to the right, she cocked her left listener and rolled her left lantern around to stare from the side. Something told her she was not alone... and another thing told her that being watched, being followed, was not safe. Turning herself around to face whatever the threat may be, she forced herself to stand tall and strong. Her wind-chime voice rang out high and sweet in a defiant challenge. "Who's there?" She chased the fear from her soprano tones, standing in a braced position; forwards slightly apart, hinds tensed and ready. If needed, she could whip around and deliver a strong kick to her attacker-- if, indeed, there was one-- and then run hard to get away.

Thoughts raced across her mind. Was this the creature who had murdered her parents? If they were dead, that is. She didn't know for sure, but she had a feeling they were. She wondered who or what this thing was that she couldn't see, but that she knew was there. Her forward right hoof stamped into the ground, a nervous shudder ran the course of her bodice. She forced herself to calm down; perhaps this thing was nice? A scent wreathed around her, and she knew it was a horse-- but what kind? Normal, unicorn, or a Pegasus like herself? She couldn't tell that just by scent... She listened hard for both the rustling of wings and the sound of the newcomer's voice. If it was a unicorn, there would be no way to know until it stepped into view.

Messages In This Thread
somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 03:33 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Amenhotep - 10-25-2012, 12:31 PM
RE: somehow I doubt I'll ever find a home [open] - by Nefertari - 10-28-2012, 01:02 PM