the Rift

[OPEN] Scandal

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind

Elephants footfalls were the next sounds to fill the forest; they were the kind to steal the courage of anyone but a Worlds Edge herding, anyone who had not grown accustomed to the mighty sound of their king's approach. Next was the patriarchs voice like thunder, and all it did was force a sigh of relief to escape Tilneys shaken maw.
When the brute came into view Tilneys green gaze looked to meet the hushing words of his first monarch, then catching the whooshing noise Hemlock made as he swooped above. That only meant one thing - the Queen was on her way too.

Too exasperated to speak just yet, Tilney shook his cranium and turned a few circles. His verdant gaze now took to the kind Queen upon her arrival, his former colleagues soothing voice bringing him to a halt.
Was he to finally tell them why he so desperately needed the lantern? His sight was failing him almost completely by now, there was so little light left in the sky - It was becoming more and more clear; All would discover his only secret; one he had guarded since he stepped through the threshold.

'What Thief?' had been The King's question, and 'What did they steal?'  the Queen's.
Yet another long exhale escaped the flaxen physicians lips, only this one was filled with regret and sadness; It even panged with exhaustion too. Perhaps he was tired of keeping it a secret, fearing their reactions and remarks.
A blind doctor.
"I do not know who the thief is King Tembovu, but he stole my lantern!" The man paused and turned his back to the two monarchs, not wanting to catch a single glimpse of their reaction as he continued. Guilt was consuming the happy man, and for once he was turning blue with sadness. "It is not just an accessory; without it I am blind and sightless in dim light and dark places. For... For example, My Lady Alysanne; I cannot see you - Only your silhouette. When the sun faithfully sinks below the horizon I will be left as blind as if I was born with my eyelids sealed shut!"

"I understand if you would have me punished My King and Queen - I was wrong to deceive you. A blind doctor, how foolish I was to think I could work in my state... or amount to anything.
But please, all I ask is that my lantern is returned, for I am truly vespertine. Without it I fear I would have little left if not to see the sunset and stars."

Art by araxel @ DA

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
Scandal - by Tilney - 08-27-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: Scandal - by Raeden - 08-29-2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Scandal - by Tilney - 08-31-2016, 12:14 AM
RE: Scandal - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 10:50 PM
RE: Scandal - by Alysanne - 09-08-2016, 11:38 PM
RE: Scandal - by Tilney - 09-12-2016, 08:16 AM
RE: Scandal - by Tembovu - 09-28-2016, 11:12 AM