the Rift

[OPEN] Dear Summer,

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

I didn’t realize I was supposed to feel guilty about something. No one told me I was supposed to feel guilt. I saw that big ol’ lump of a stud coming and I could feel a smile warming my lips and no one told me how I had left this place a little more shattered than how I’d found it. No one told me. Goddammit I would’ve felt guilty about it if I had had the chance.

But nah, that’s not what I was feeling as I saw Tembovu roll up on us, Mbwene in tow with his huge step. There was a pull from Chico as he saw his lil’ shortstack (who wasn’t so much of a shortcake no more, huh) and with a single, powerful (painful, ow jeez) flap of his heavy wings he bounded off my back, making a bee-line straight for the elephant, cuz that’s all he knows how to do: react. And he was reacting to the happy that he felt in his breast and how it was exploding out of him before he even had a shot at containing it—

—and then he slowed down, confused at himself for the reaction—and then he stopped in the grass in front of her, plopping down in front of her outstretched trunk, not quite knowing what to do with all that happy he was fumbling around with, offering it to her instead, letting her make the first move, cuz how the hell was he supposed to know if she wanted to deal with that shit?

(Quit explain me.)

(I do what I waaaaant.)

The pull of a smile trying to work the corners of my mouth wasn’t quite strong enough to thaw the ice of apprehension that set my lips, listening to lowness of Tembovu’s voice as he greeted me, watching the lines of his face move with his mouth. I had had enough sleepless nights to see it plastered on someone’s face like that. I guess sleep hated everyone, huh.

What’s up, man? a piece of me wanted to ask, because that’s how my heart handled the sight of his weariness. “Tembovu,” I is what I actually said, and it wasn’t quite a greeting, more of a—of a sigh or some shit, like I was relieved. Like, I dunno man. I don’t know what I’d be relieved about, but I was definitely feeling the shit. Like I was worried the crown had changed places again—or something.

What brings you back to the Edge?

I swallowed; Chico growled low in his throat, stones grinding deep in his chest. “We never should of left,” I said, and on my tongue was a hoarse something I ain’t ready to explain yet. Whatever doubts we had—we still had—were quelled by this feeling rising in both of us, at seeing the Edge King.

“We…Me ‘n Cheek…” I started—and I was already fumbling words ‘n shit cuz I’m awful at spewing a feeling this complex out my mouth like this, “Well...See, I ain’t been in a herd since I was a child, and Chico…he ain’t even been in one before, so, like—I dunno man, we don’t know what we’re doing with this, where it’s gonna go or…or…” It tumbled out of me too fast to make sense, and I stopped myself and sighed, forcing the block in my throat to dissolve, to twist my tongue straight again, “We just know,” I said, with a little more force (a little more hoarse), “that we shouldn’t of left.”

I bit my lip; I didn’t know how this kind of shit was supposed to go down. What was I supposed to say? How was I supposed to make this sincere? Chico continued to look at Mbwene with is liquid gold eyes, sparkling with all kinds of Take me back, sorry baby, while I reached for Sparkmarrow with my maw.

He reacted instantly to my touch; I drew his length and there was a zzpk-POW that split the air as the eight blades snapped into place, banded together by and faintest trace of shocking blue arcs. I watched Tembovu the whole time—scared for a second that he might think I was gonna go for a fight—and I reached forward and thrust Sparkmarrow’s blade into the grass between us. I took a step back from the buzz of the sword in the earth, still watching Tembovu with that hoarse thing still in my eyes.

Offering my sword to the King. I’ll have you if you’ll have me. It was the only way I could lay my myself out like that, without stuttering it to shreds.

I didn’t think about it too hard, either—whether or not he would accept me like this, whether or not he would even reply, whether or not the shock of Sparkmarrow’s magic would kill some trees or whatever (oops). I sat still and Chico sat still and we both just waited to see how the both of us would be received.

image credits

I HOPE @Tembovu FORGIVES HER FOR STABBING HIS LAWN D:

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 08-27-2016, 11:57 AM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Tembovu - 08-31-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 08-31-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 08:55 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 09-25-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Tembovu - 10-05-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Dear Summer, - by Roskuld - 10-10-2016, 09:36 PM