the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Fate, as Maude was beginning to learn, was a peculiar thing.

The Sun had brought with him a new day, golden and spilling all through the misty branches. It didn’t take long for the fog to fade with the overwhelming summer heat, and soon the forest air was clear, but for the dust dancing down from, well, Maude wasn’t sure. She’d started the morning with both her parents, the little one had not been invited with her father to the greenhouse as she had other days, and so had been left in their usual, cozy clearing for the day.

She had crushed a couple plants the last time in an enthusiastic bout, and while she didn’t think he was mad at her, he probably had decided his precious saplings were safer without her childish antics threatening them. Maude didn’t resent him, even when the morning drew late, and nothing all that interesting had happened; she was learning, with quiet distaste, that life was often boring, especially in the lazy afternoon.

So, when Arah had dozed away (as boredom would cause), Maude cast the dreaded sleepiness encroaching upon her away. With a last, smiling glance at her slumbering dam, the filly trots out into the greater Edge.

She only vaguely remembers something about a glass wall up until she’s stepping on their sparkling crunch. Then, the memory of being told about it, and how it denoted the edge of their home, comes flooding back, as if she’d known all along, as if she’d been planning to make it here. The delight at both the shining nature of the glass fragments, and at having made it this far without one of her parents hunting her down, is evident on her face, a great smile reaching inward to light up her pale green eyes. She begins to ponder skirting around the few tall remnants and out into Helovia proper.

That light inside those eyes flickers slightly (and her smile vanishes) when she hears someone release a sigh very near by, and an almost silent peep of surprise escapes her mouth as she quickly turns about to look at the direction of the noise maker, finding only the smooth face of the wall instead of a stranger. Inside her chest, her tiny heart thud thuds against her breast, but she hoists both her tail and crown, trotting over to the section of the wall the sound had come from, regardless of the natural worry that had rose inside her.

Hello?” childishly questions the babe, only just seeing black antlers cresting the height of the broken wall; her smiles returned, her fluttering heart now racing as much with excitement as it does worry. She doesn’t know how to differentiate between them very well, anyway, and, as no one has ever been mean to her, the doll honestly expects only friendship, or grown-up pride, from whoever it is on the other side of the wall. Her pale eyes glisten with wonder as she cranes her neck to the side of the wall for a look at whoever it is, suddenly much more hesitant to cross out of the herd than she had been before.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Aelfwine

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-06-2016, 09:13 AM