the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

The woman which appears from behind the wall is a pretty one. Her coat is the color of ashes and clouds, her eyes the rich emerald green of the trees above. Rippling, and full, unlike some others Maude had seen, her tail is glossy in the afternoon sun, and the little copper kissed cream puff of a child feels jealousy wriggle through her for the first time in her life. Her tail was a feather duster of a thing, small and of its own mind, rather unlike the stranger’s somber and elegant tresses. As she’s already wondered many times while playing with her mother’s long, ivory mane, the girl cannot help but ask the invisible voice in her head when her hair will be long and pretty, too.

The child thinks nothing of the dark antlers towering over the strangers head, or the familiarity of the markings along her back. She can only think of how envious she is, and also what to do next. Part of her wants to look over her shoulder for her dad, but she doesn’t, instead taking a deep breath of self assurance.

Surely everything will be okay if she’s just honest, right? It’s what her parents had asked her to do, anyway. Besides, the lady seemed like she was nice.

Yes,” she beams up at the stranger, deducing that, if she was looking for the Edge, she must belong here. Her delight falters ever so slightly as she tries to find something to say next. Not that she had to, of course, but because she desperately wanted to chatter at this woman that had kept her from making her way out into the big world. It was the least she could do, right? Mom was sure to wake up any moment and ruin the afternoon for them both. Maude simply wanted to increase the amount of fun between then and now, but was unsure where to glean it from. “You live here, too?

She could. Maude rarely went anywhere but her parent’s clearing and the greenhouse. She certainly had never been to a herd meeting, or met a large number of her herd mates, either. For all she knew, Aelfwine was Queen of the Edge, but she was of the thought that someone else was. She’d been told, of course, but being so new to the world meant you got told a lot of things. That she remembered any of them at this point was a good thing.

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Aelfwine
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-06-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 10-17-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 10-24-2016, 12:44 PM