the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

The way the strange, gray mare spoke was definitely a misty sort of somber that made Maude think of shadows, she was still definitely less scary than Glasgow had been. Her head tilting ever so slightly in the short seconds between her question and the stranger’s answer, the girl’s smile doesn’t fade in the slightest. Delighted to hear such an honest response (and further instilling the lie that others can be implicitly trusted), the little one’s hooves dance beneath her.

Besides, who wouldn’t want to live in the Edge! It was so pretty, and her family lived here, too. She loved her family, and certainly the stranger would, too.

Yay!” she began to reply, her yellow-green eyes glittering wildly with the delight she felt rush through her. The next two emotions, however, made a steady downhill decline, the first of which being a dark confusion as to what to do next. The second arrives at the tail of the wonder of what to do with strangers who want new homes, and is as bright as the red which spills down from the woman’s throat. “Oh!

Maude’s heart begins to slam wildly against her ribcage, the easy smiles falling away into a worried grimace. She’d never seen blood or wounds before, much less such gruesome amounts, and it makes her throat tighten up fast, and her legs feel wobbly and weak. Swallowing down her disgust and horror, especially when she asks for a healer, the little one bobs her head ferociously, yes!

I go get Daddy,” fretfully answers the doll as she dances back towards the heart of the herd, concern a strange mask on a face so young as she glances back on her way, “you wait here, otay! Don’t move!

Even with the dark nature of her quest, the little one feels a soft smile linger on her lips as she bolts headlong towards the greenhouse as swift as her tiny hooves will carry her. She’d heard her dad say that so many times, and she’d almost never listened. She wonders if the older woman will, if that’s something you learn when you are older, or if listening is easier if you’re really in danger. By the time the shiny panels of the greenhouse are in view, however, that smile has been replaced with the worried expression of a small child who cannot chase the thought of blood away with jokes.

Daddy!” she’s shouted like a siren three times on her way, skittering into the threshold with breathless haste, “the lady got hurt!

She only now realizes she’d never even learned the lady’s name, and that she wasn’t even supposed to be where the lady is at all. Maybe he won’t think to notice? Yeah. It was a lot of blood, after all.

[ OOC: Permission for Neverr to PP as necessary to get them both back to Tuppence <3 Also AWKWARD IS BEST ]

Art by neverrmind @ DA

@Tilney
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-06-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 10-17-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 10-24-2016, 12:44 PM