the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Tilney Posts: 288
World's Edge Moon Doctor atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2hh :: VI HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Peatree :: Lesser Fruit Bat :: None Neverrmind
tilney
and oh, there is more to this life
Tilneys keen hearing had grown more and more acute to the sound of his young ones voice. Whether she was right beside him or a hundred yards away he would always hear her little squeaks. Today though Tilney was right by the cliffs, crafting some cedar cuttings he had been working on - it was quite the process. He way laid in the meadow grass, a stick between his knees. He'd chomp off one half off of an old cedar twig at such an angle it could be slotted into place over a young growth, and then tied at the join with a lock of his hair to prevent water form damaging the graft. In a few weeks the newly rafted cedar trees would be inspected for any signs of heartwood developing - it was something they would desperately need over winter for sore throats.
'Daddy!'  the flaxen man finally heard; his daughters third attempt at summoning his attention. The sea crashing below had stolen most if not all of his hearing until she had come close enough.

"The lady got hurt!"
Carefully placing his grafts on their pillow of meadow grass, Tilney turned to face the worried, panting mess that was his daughter. Someone was hurt, or so Maude had said. "Show me; Take me to her Maudie"  The doctor instructed, following the pearly girls leaping paces and moppy tail. Tilney was incredibly impressed that she knew to come to him, and how calm she seemed to be despite how potentially worrying the situation could be. It was Helovia after all; people lived and died here, often at the hands of other Helovian's. He prayed that she had not innocently stumbled upon some sort of horrific scene.

First Tilney saw the blood - It was generally the first thing he saw before even looking at the patient. "Fir, Maude. Run and fetch some Douglas Fir leafs!" Tilney whispered to his young. He was quite excited to see if his daughter had memorised well what he had taught her about each of the trees - but Tilney had filled her head with all kinds of things; he wouldn't be surprised if she forgot. His gift of magic would probably suffice.
Shifting his verdant gaze back to the wounds of the stranger, Tilney muttered a cheery "golly, that's a nasty wound!". Inspecting the glass wall he noticed the blood and nodded - it was a very common injury in these parts. "We'll fix you up in no time, do not fret!"
It was only then, as he stepped over the wall and the mare came into full view that he noticed the elegant dapples and streaking branches that belonged only to his sister - and those green eyes they shared. Tilney stared, his smile fading fast as his own green gaze flicked over each of the woman's features. 
He was completely struck, his entire jaw falling half an inch. Tears welled in his eyes as a million memories swirled in his muddled mind until he breathlessly murmured her name.
"...Aelfwine" 
mockingale

SCREAMING

Wander or Leave
turn in to winter lights
☀︎

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM