the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Aelfwine Posts: 101
Dragon's Throat Warrior atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Vanya :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Skylark

Aelfwine

A frown danced across the doe’s pink snipped lips as the pain began to grow, spreading from the papercut-like wound and reverberating down along the base of her beck and her jaw. The first few filly’s words were lost among the ears of the tall mare, but she listened when she heard the words “I go get Daddy, you wait here, otay! Don’t move!” She knew she wasn’t going to go anywhere. This was the place she had been looking for, seeking out for so long that it almost hurt more than the cut along her jaw. It was a weight that shifted upon her, hoping that now since she found the lands of the Edge of the World, she might just be able to finally cross paths with her family. And when the filly said she’d get her father, Aelfwine had to smile to herself. How ironic was it that the child’s father was a healer – oh she couldn’t have picked a better day!

And as the pearly filly danced and maneuvered through the trees and roots, her emerald gaze watched the child until she disappeared, exhaling a soft sigh in the hopes that the child indeed would come back. It did take some time, but before long there was a rustle in the trees and bushes from beyond. Her lids had closed then, a soft white against the emerald of her eyes. The exhaustion that grew from the wandering outcast mare was evident when she heard them approach but hadn’t opened her eyes just yet – perhaps she was just a bit too naïve. But there was a voice, a strong voice that came across the wind speaking to the child. A voice she would recognize. A voice she loved with her entire being. One she knew in her whole entire life. Tilney! Emerald eyes shot open as she pinpointed the caramel stag.

He moved up to her, seemingly not noticing who she was. But she couldn’t utter anything, as he spoke “Golly that’s a nasty wound!” She wanted to agree, but she wanted to agree that the wound in her heart from his absence was far more painful – an invisible one she couldn’t fix, but one that perhaps he could. She was frozen, unable to speak to her brother. She only nodded slightly, listening and following his instruction. Until he stepped back and tears began to well in her emerald gaze, noticing the signature lantern – the gift from their mother as it hung from his tines. The doe found it hard to resist the urge to point to her compass, a reminder of their mother for the rest of their lives. The tears grew, brimming on the edge of falling as Tilney’s jaw dropped. And when he uttered a breathless “Aelfwine” she wanted to melt on the spot.

She rushed toward him, aiming to wrap her delicate (even slightly bloody) dappled neck across his withers, pulling him tightly against her as if she could press him into her so tight he’d never leave again. That was when the tears fell, creating little soft dark caramel colors along his pelt. “Tilney. Oh my gods, Tilney.” She uttered, pressing her antlered face into him the best she could. “I’ve finally found you, brother.” Her voice was a whisper, meant only for his ears. She pulled back then, surveying him and making sure he was completely fine and whole before a small sniffle escaped her and she offered him a brilliant smile. It had been so long since they had seen one another. No longer was Aelfwine an awkward leggy filly. She had grown into a woman now, a woman that was strangely close to the same height as her brother – filled with the same delicate curves and chisels in their faces that made them appear siblings. And even still, nothing kept the fact of their similar antlers, large and tined, and situated in the same places. And the emerald gaze that seemed to look ever so gently back into the mirror of none other than her own brother.

Roses hang like paintings of you
Oh, How beautiful you are

Pattern Credits || Pattern Credits || Image Credits

@Maude @Tilney brb crying

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM