the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

As valiant as a white knight (in her mind’s eye, anyway), she charges ahead of her sire, who’d charged in seemingly from the edge of the world. She was grateful he’d heard her, mostly because she was very anxious to help the lady, for more reasons the one. Mostly, it was that she was hurt, and anyone who was hurt surely deserved to be cared for, but she also rather enjoyed the feeling of being the one saving the day.

Just as she’d hoped, daddy hadn’t asked her yet about why she was at the wall, or where mommy was. All he did was heroically ask to be taken to the wounded, and as Maude ran ahead of him to where Aelfwine hopefully still waited, she couldn’t help but love him more than she already did. What a wonderful person her daddy was! Without a thought, he’d abandoned whatever task he’d been at to come to her call, and he’d continued that course even when the person at risk had wound up being a stranger.

Weaving fantasies with that love in each step, her sire is wreathed in imaginary robes that smell of herbs, and her whole body glitters and shines with armor. Together, they rush the wicked castle of the Glass Queen, where one of their comrades, err (probably should have learned her name, huh?), lies wounded upon the field. Maude decides, almost at the remnants of the wall, that the stranger was a great magician. She had fallen trying to defend Maude from the very Queen herself, and was a hero.

Of course, the imaginary world she’d painted shatters as the real situation comes into view, and her father beckons to her with her name. Looking up at him with her eyes wide, she nods several times before leaping back out into the wood, trying to recall which ones, exactly, were the Douglas Firs.

“Golly, that’s a nasty wound!” recedes behind her, leaving only the odd semi-hush of the wood and the trampling thunder of her own hooves. Again, the illusionary world takes hold of her, and she’s elegant and pristine, a warrior of valor and hope, her erratic gallop easing into the floating canter such a lady would use. The evergreens he’d led her to the other day are ahead, anyway, and as she slows to a trot and encircles the one she’s pretty sure are the right ones. It smells like the others, almost minty, and sharp, but the tree itself is fat, and the leaves – no, needles – are clustered together in about the right density. The fronds look okay. But, as she looks at the others, the smallest of doubt creeps in…

They all look sorta the same, don’t they?

So, in a brash last minute decision, she quickly grasps a big sprig from three separate trees, making a literal gagging sound as the acrid sap bites into her tender taste buds.

Ack!” she sputters, glaring at the branches, now very much on the ground, “that’s terribwy gross!

Looking about her for something to hold the branches with that doesn’t taste like horror incarnate, she settles on a large, somewhat wilted and muddy leaf. Dirt is definitely better than whatever is one these plants, she decides, cheerfully picking back up the branches (the bits in her mouth carefully covered with a leaf), she proceeds to gallop headlong with her bundle back to the wall.

[ OOC: Will officially be there next post! Little Maudie's legs are short still. ;D ]

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

@Tilney
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-06-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 10-17-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 10-24-2016, 12:44 PM