the Rift

[OPEN] i've been searching

Maude Posts: 140
World's Edge Filly
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Yearling
Bunnie

Music pours gloriously from the mist laden forest as she gallops back into the clearing, her golden armor shining, her entire being like a comet of purity and salvation. Birds of all colors fly from the brush ahead of her, her mane and tail streaming in rippling waves…

In her mind, anyway, this is the scene that comes to an abrupt end as she clamors into the open space between the wall and the rest of the Edge. Laying eyes on her father snuggling with the unknown, antlered woman as he healed her, Maude is suddenly highly suspicious of the “mage” she was so eager to save only seconds before.

Trotting over to the siblings with her muddy leaf bundle, she drops it at her father’s hooves, eyeing him with a speculative, curious glance, the leaf unfurling to reveal the several types of evergreen branches (though the majority of these were, indeed, Douglas Firs). Not really wanting to believe this is anything peculiar what so ever, because she loves her father, and she is pretty sure, anyway, that he loves her mother, too, the ginger and cream filly chooses her next words carefully (at least as carefully as such a young maiden may).

You know her?” she asks her father, her doubts thinly veiled. She certainly hopes he does; even if there seem to be lots of foals with mixed families in the Edge, including her friends Katua and Zubari, Maude finds she likes being daddy's little girl, and the thought of having to share him with others makes her feel weird inside.

Vaguely, she remembers overhearing talk of his family, lost when he came to Helovia, vague glimpses of conversation she’d caught while her parents thought she slept in the hollow beneath her father’s tree. Maybe she is one of those people? She does look an awful lot like daddy, after all...

[ OOC: D: ]

Art by TheCallyBear@ DA

@Tilney <3 MOAR HEARTS
Hold onto this lullaby, even when the music's gone.

Messages In This Thread
i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-27-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-29-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-29-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-02-2016, 08:51 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 09-03-2016, 09:41 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Maude - 09-06-2016, 09:13 AM
RE: i've been searching - by Tilney - 10-17-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: i've been searching - by Aelfwine - 10-24-2016, 12:44 PM