the Rift

[PRIVATE] In the light of day

Tembovu the Elephant Posts: 805
World's Edge Captain atk: 7 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18hh :: 10 HP: 77 | Buff: SWIFT
Mbwene :: African Elephant :: Ashen smitty
Tembovu the Elephant King
“Yes!”

Her outburst was fast, almost reflexive—too quick to be a truth. The King’s black-rimmed ears, which had twitched forward to hear her response, pinned tighter against his neck. Navy eyes grew even darker, black skin creasing around them as he stared for a moment longer at the now-halted, slender white woman. Then his gaze moved past her, staring at the cold, ice-covered, level horizon that would take them both back to the Edge, to home. A home filled with empty promises and abundant grief.

And then the Elephant began to turn away, planning to take a circuitous route—he didn’t truly need the time alone with his thoughts. But he needed to be around the lies of another he deeply cared for even less—“No…” Her quiet whisper would have been lost, if not for a fortuitous and cold breeze that strung and flitted the quiet word along, straight into the stallion’s backward tilted ears.

His steps halted, shoulders frozen, as his ears swiveled towards her, followed by his head and questioning (partly relieved) gaze. He found her defeated, brave and youthful facade cracked as her head hung low to the permafrost earth. There was no relaxation in her laxity; rather, her strength was stolen, instead of relinquished, by whatever demons dared to prey on adolescence.

Thick lips, once tilted down, now pressed into a firm and straight line as he watched her. He did not triumph in her concession—but he was solaced by the truth that now peppered her words and body. Despite the uncertain anxiety and confusion, the Elephant found this candor vastly preferable to her hard, bright veneer that shone on her pearlescent features moment before.

His long limbs carried him towards his small daughter, great head dropping to be level with hers as he approached. Navy eyes sought hers as the snow crunched loudly beneath his hooves in the silence that stretched between them—but this silence was not strained with his disappointment and anger. No, instead, it was a quiet acceptance that permeated the chilly air.

“Alright, Erthë,” his low rumble sounded quietly, navy gaze not exactly warm, but trusting and… paternal, “I care about you as my own daughter, and I am here for you, when you do know.” His pale muzzle and dark lips reached out towards her cold, pink velvet muzzle—a gesture of comfort and security, before he slowly started (once again alongside her) back towards the Edge.

@Erthë

Since this thread is so old, we could wrap it up here and start a new, current thread? I'm sorry life ate me :[ <3

Please tag Tembovu.

Messages In This Thread
In the light of day - by Erthë - 08-28-2016, 08:05 AM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 09-03-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 06:07 AM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 09-26-2016, 10:29 AM
RE: In the light of day - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 10-23-2016, 05:07 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Erthë - 10-23-2016, 06:09 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 10-23-2016, 09:27 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Erthë - 10-23-2016, 10:06 PM
RE: In the light of day - by Tembovu - 10-25-2016, 11:14 PM