the Rift

[PRIVATE] you're the one

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
I liked the Falls, I really did. My family was there, Rhoa was there, I was still able to craft ... kind of. But some things were really frustrating and I guess it was because I was still comparing the Falls to the Throat. There were so many things that were different, like a distinct lack of leadership here, where Gaucho and Meg had always been around. I often found myself doubting my abilities to craft because I had no direction. I was scared to craft something that wasn't needed and waste my time on it. Sometimes it made me wonder if I'd made the right decision to leave the Throat, but I didn't often let myself dwell on those thoughts.

I had been feeling frustrated again and had been wondering over my decision and staying in the Falls when that happened it only made my frustration worse. So I left. I didn't have any particular destination in mind when I took off, I just flew until I got tired and didn't feel like flying anymore. When I finally landed I was near the stream that lead toward the rotunda. I'd only been there a couple of times, but the place was peaceful and quiet and that was what I wanted.

I sighed and made my way to the stream -- it was clear, cool, and refreshing after such a long flight. I drank my fill then lifted my head and looked toward the structure that was a mixture of rock, glass, metal, and fabric. Just as the first time I'd seen it I was struck with the desire to build something equally as magnificent, but this time I doubted myself. I turned my head away from it and sighed. The whole idea of leaving the Falls for the day was to relax but I was beginning to think that I had chosen the wrong place. The grove was only a little further north, and I wondered if maybe I should've gone there instead. Or the endless blue wasn't far away either. There was still plenty of daylight, I could head there and spend the day listening to the ocean and ... and thinking about the Dragon's Throat and how much I missed it.

Unbidden, I began to think about Rhoa and I wondered if he felt the same way that I did. As far as I knew he hadn't taken up any kind of job in the Falls since joining and ... and I hoped he wasn't upset with me for asking him to leave his home. I decided that I needed to talk to him the next chance I got and make sure that wasn't the case. In all honesty it was something that I was going to put off as long as I could because if he was upset about leaving the Throat I didn't want to know. I didn't want that guilt. It was bad enough that I had made him choose between me and his family. But I guess love makes you do selfish things, because I had wanted him with me. I still wanted him with me.

I should have found him before I left and asked him to come with me, I thought as I stared at the stream.

ooc://
this is terrible, but it'll get better :c

"."
Mother, make me
Make me a big tall tree
So I can shed my leaves and let it blow through me

@Rhoa

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
you're the one - by Ranjiri - 08-28-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: you're the one - by Rhoa - 08-28-2016, 06:41 PM
RE: you're the one - by Ranjiri - 08-28-2016, 09:34 PM