the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Moon] My empty arms were open

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

The Goddess listened. The delicate lines of her dished face appeared as calm and serene as ever they had. Even the pale glimmer of her gaze was like water splashed by moonlight, rather than the furious tide that it so often was. Though inside, her mind was working just as efficiently as always. Had she misjudged the pale youth before her? She had thought Erthe to possess a soul that didn't require the coddling of others. Why else would she have joined in a fight that she had no right to be in? The Goddess had thought it because the girl had some naive notion of responsibility or pride perhaps, but had she been wrong? Had the girl only fought because she wanted to make those around her happy? To make them proud of her? Youth often did have their minds wrapped up in notions of what they did or didn't owe those around them, and so she didn't judge Erthe for that.

And yet...

"You will never be able to do that, young one. Even if you devoted your life to the cause of keeping those you love happy and free of pain, you would fail time and time again. If you truly care about those you keep deep within your heart, do not strive to keep their lives free of pain. Do not focus your life on their happiness, for in doing so, you would likely cause them more pain and turmoil. Would it please you to know that Tembovu had given up his crown just to ensure your safety? Likely not. " The lilac deity smiled kindly at the girl, knowing that realistically only life and time could teach her the lessons the Goddess was trying to impart upon her.

A smile tugged at her lavender lips as the child asked if there was anything that she needed. It was endearing that the girl thought that there were things of which she was capable that the Goddess was not, and it made her smile widen.

"The only thing I need from you is to know that your life is not being wasted by tethering yourself to a cause you can't hope to champion, nor one you should even wish to champion. If I give you that task, is it still one you would wish to attempt?"

Messages In This Thread
[Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by God of the Moon - 08-30-2016, 11:02 AM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 03:54 PM