the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Moon] My empty arms were open

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

The initial shock of having the soft velvet of her Lady's feathers drape over her almost made the filly pull away. Feeling the beautiful creature so close was lovely and terrifying, like poisoned nectar or dancing on an open field as lighting flashed across the sky. It felt dangerous, like the innocent red flowers that numbed her pain but made her crave more with each nibble, until reality collapsed in a blur of swirling color. But Erthë couldn't bring herself to reject this gesture. Didn't want to either... If this wonderful feeling of affection and closeness was poison she would drain the cup and ask for more. Exhaling a soft sigh of pleasure as all the pains and aches in her body ebbed away she leaned into the embrace, so overwhelmed by the extent of her luck today that she had to struggle to take in what the Lady was saying.

It was perfect. All of it, from the variation between the tasks to the extent of the quest she was about to undertake. This was no mere 'go fetch' task, (not that she would have minded that either) it was a series of actions that would require serious thought and reflection to understand the meaning of. In and of themselves it was fairly simple things, easy to grasp and remember - visit a herdland, get lost, help someone get a friend - but Erthë was sure there was some deeper underlying lesson for her to learn in doing these things. And learning was what she enjoyed most, out of all the things she tried so far in her short but eventful life. It suited her like snow in winter, and the smile that spread across her face as she reached out to accept the white stone was radiant.

"I will!" Erthë promised, feeling giddy with anticipation as she tucked the precious item securely in place in the crook of her wing. "Thank you so much! Is there a time limit?"

Feeling more confident than before - and a lot more comfortable in the presence of the immortal - Erthë boldly extended her nose to kiss a flawless lavender cheek, unable to contain her excitement without showing it in some way. Already her mind was working with the tasks at hand, ordering them in level of difficulty and weighing her options. Did she have a friend she could drag off to the Deep Forest? Well, there was Murtagh and Volterra and maybe Lyanna... but maybe she out to go to a herdland first, that way she might even find a new friend to get lost with. Would that make her very popular though..?

Within her, something purred contentedly at having a new purpose with her time. Suddenly there was something very immediate to wrap her head around, to wrestle with and try to accomplish. It felt good, because she wouldn't have to wait on this event, pretend to be patient and bide time she didn't want to waste - it would only happen when she made it happen, and for the restless young soul it was worth more than all the gold and jewels in the world.

ERTHË
I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
Image Credits

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
[Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 01:25 PM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 02:03 PM
RE: [Moon] My empty arms were open - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 03:54 PM