the Rift

[PRIVATE] Through the grapevine

Erthë Posts: 440
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14,2 hh :: 3 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Chan

Speak of the devil and he appears, they say, but Erthë had no idea it applied to thinking about things too. Barely had her teeth clasped around another patch of grass - green but tough, nourishing still despite the crust of salt that coated everything this close to the frothing sea - before the silence is interrupted by approaching feet. Looking up again, Erthë was surprised to see Nyx approach her, and even more so to actually be addressed by the mare.

The question however, made her wonder whether she ought to be hurt or amused.

"Hello, Nyx" Erthë replied calmly, a note of amusement in her voice as she opted for the less dramatic route. "I suppose it depends on how you define new... I have lived here for a year, just about. I'm Erthë, apprenticed to our Seer. And, I think, a friend of your daughters. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, General."

Eyes glittering as the shadow of a smile played over her lips, the young hybrid inclined her porcelain crown in a somewhat formal greeting. It was true that she wasn't among the most visible characters within the herd. Due to certain circumstances, unfortunate though it may be, she had missed out on the past two meetings. It galled her even more now, because if there was something Erthë loathed it was to be overlooked or ignored, and it seemed she had inadvertently set herself up to be forgotten completely.

Still, as it was mostly her own fault that this high-ranked warrior didn't recognize her, the pearly little mare took it in stride and vowed to make more of an impression on people in the future. Sidestepping so that she wouldn't occupy too much of the grazing she made an inviting gesture towards the silvery mare, a quiet offer to stay and graze together, if the Valkyrie so wished.

"How are you faring these days?" she asked conversationally, as she resumed the grinding of the tough grass. "And your children? I haven't seen d'Arcy or Libertad in quite some time..."

ERTHË
It's too cold outside for angels to fly
Image Credits

@Nyx

~| Use of magic and violence is always permitted |~
~| Please only tag in opening posts |~

Messages In This Thread
Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-31-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 09-17-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 03:39 PM