the Rift

[PRIVATE] Through the grapevine

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

A quizzical expression ghosts across the grey General's face as the filly reveals she has actually been here for a year. Awkward. "Ah. Forgive me, I have not seen you before." It does make her wonder why the girl was not at the meeting if she has been part of the herd for so long, but it is not her place to dwell or question her lack of attendance. She'll leave that up to Tembovu and their new Queen.

The youngster adds that she's a friend of her daughter's, and the mare's ears prick with interest. "Oh? Which daughter?" Somehow she cannot see Oizys making a friend, and Enyo has been nowhere to be seen over the last few months. That leaves d'Arcy and Esinakh, and the latter is probably too young to have made any real friends yet. The filly introduces herself as Erthë, and dips her head in a rather formal greeting that nonetheless falls on welcome eyes in Nyx. A bit of respect goes a long way - the distinct lack of it during the meeting had pained her. Of course, Nyx herself was the main culprit, but she had been most perturbed by the way her warriors had lined up to argue against her.

Insubordination is what it is, and the battle-hardened General is disgusted by it - her soldiers should know better.

But that is a worry for another day, and at least this girl knows her manners. She shuffles aside to make grazing room, and Nyx gratefully moves to occupy it. Hunger is a constant friend these days, given the amount of milk she must produce to sustain two rambunctious foals. There's a small ghost of pain that flits across her face as Erthë asks how she is, and remarks upon the absence of her children. For a moment, Nyx wonders how much this girl knows about the meeting; she's sure word has spread as quickly as colic given the gossipy nature of their species. "I am as well as can be expected," she says, erring on the side of evasiveness. "d'Arcy and Libertad...nobody worries about their absence more than I do. Were it not for my duties as General, I would leave Helovia to search for them, but alas, I cannot abandon my herd again." Not after her 'father-hunt-mission', otherwise known as her illicit pregnancy.

Somewhat keen to steer the conversation away from these dangerous waters, the silver mare glances across at the filly. "Are you the child of one of the herd mares?"

@Erthë

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-31-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 09-17-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 11-20-2016, 03:45 PM