the Rift

[PRIVATE] Through the grapevine

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

It pleases her that d'Arcy had made a friend, even though there's a note of sadness in the mare's mind at the notion that it hadn't been enough to make her stay. She also does not think twice about referring to all of her female children as her daughters - even if Oizys and Enyo were adopted, Nyx would do everything in her power to make them feel as loved as her blood-children, and she would certainly consider them her daughters even if they didn't come from her womb. She likes to think she could adopt, if the necessity arose - she likes children, and if a fuzzy little orphan should arrive in need of help, she certainly wouldn't be able to turn them down.

That's unlikely, though. If the reaction to her in the meeting is anything to go by, mares probably warn their children away from her. They probably even have 'burn the witch' posters and badges.

The filly offers some advice in the form of recommending Nyx stays put, giving an anecdote about her own father. It makes the mare's broodyness pulse to know that this poor kid has lost one of her parents, something she fully understands from the numerous times she's misplaced her father Nato. "That's good advice," she says warmly. "I'm sure your father will find his way back to you. They generally do - I've lost count of the amount of times my father has disappeared on me, only to reappear a year or so later. It's like our thing." She gives a fond smile as she thinks of her beloved sire. To say she's a daddy's girl would be an understatement - when her mother was such a gigantic bitch, it's little wonder she clung like a leech onto her father.

The filly's eyes suddenly sadden, and she reveals that her mother is dead. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." The silver's voice is gentle and genuinely sympathetic as she looks sadly down at the little girl. To have one parent dead and one missing, and so young! "The Edge is a big family, however, and I'm sure you'll be very happy here." Unless you open your mouth during a meeting, she decides not to add.

The girl enquires about becoming a soldier, and Nyx swishes her tail pleasantly as she leans down to nip some more lush grass. "In my opinion, there's no better job," she says. She almost goes misty-eyed as she thinks of battle, and the joy that comes with it. "To give your life to protect your herd and your family...I cannot think of anything I'd rather dedicate myself to." She suddenly turns grave, and looks the girl head on. "But it's not all glamour and glory. The Rift battles showed what is best about being a soldier, protecting Helovia against a foreign threat with the rest of the land at your back, but it's not always like that. There's times when you're fighting alone against an opponent so much better than you, when you're scared and hurt and there's nothing you can do but try not to embarrass yourself. There's times when you don't feel like fighting, but you need to, because it's fight or die. Sometimes it's painful and dirty and messy and shameful, but to me, it's worth every bruise." If only the silver had said something along these lines during the meeting instead of going on the offensive about healers. She might not be hated so much!

"Does fighting interest you?" She tilts her head at the little hybrid.

@Erthë also sorry about the wait!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-29-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 08-31-2016, 07:13 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 08-31-2016, 08:42 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 09-17-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 03:39 PM
RE: Through the grapevine - by Nyx - 11-20-2016, 03:45 PM