the Rift

[OPEN] Ashes, ashes, we all fall down. [death]

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Gaucho had chosen to bless his progeny rather than himself when the God of the Sun gave him the choice, and so while it was not the duty of the deity to protect Gaucho from mortality or to cure his ailments, the God would grieve with the rest of them. Gaucho had been the first one the God had ascended, and the former Sultan had led the Dragon's Throat well for many, many seasons. But, as Gaucho himself would have known, for those who lead, their time for grief is often compressed. In the wake of Megaera's disappearance from her post and with the death of the Wildfire, the Sun God's mind was forced to think of the future of his herd, rather than to dwell on the past. 

In a pillar of fire, the Sun God appeared next to the un-burning body of Gaucho. His molten eyes surveyed those who had come to say their goodbyes to the dun, and he offered each of them a sad smile. He too would miss Gaucho, for the dun had served him dutifully since his time arriving in Helovia. 

"We have lost a great warrior and leader today." The God began, his voice strong yet sombre as he regarded those who had gathered around him on the reddish sands. "Today Gaucho takes his place in the sky, where he will look upon this herd forever, and where we may look to remember him." The God's antelope horned skull lowered for a moment as he took a composed breath. Raising his eyes, he looked at those around him, searching for the one. For her.

"Megaera the Sunspear has been absent too long, as some of you have noticed. With Gaucho's passing it is time for a new leader to take charge of these sands. For years the Dragon's Throat has been commanded by warriors-" He thought of Kri and Leander, Midas, and Gaucho. Even Ampere and Sohalia's brief reigns were not wholly diplomatic, for both mares had been tested amply in battle. "-I ask for your trust now, for I have cared for these sands longer than even the longest memories can recall. Today I break the chain of warrior leads, and raise before you one who is no less strong than those who have proceeded her. She has lived on these sands longer than many of you, and has dutifully served her herd time and time again." 

The God's burning but kindly gaze sought out the glowing-horned healer. "Sikeax. I call upon you now to forgo the healing arts that you have mastered, and instead to rule these lands." It was not a question, nor an offer. It was a commandment from the Sun God himself. But he was confident in her abilities, and his tone and posture revealed that. 

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down. [death] - by God of the Sun - 08-29-2016, 09:25 PM