the Rift

[OPEN] Ashes, ashes, we all fall down. [death]

Tasokh Posts: 6
Outcast
Filly :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 2 Seasons
Frostie

T A S O K H

It was because of the burning pain inside my chest and under my feet, I found paradise.

This was her first time seeing death, the natural end to all. Every year they outran their fate but eventually it caught them all. Including the powerful and unlovable Gaucho. Her father.

It was not something the girl had ever thought she'd experience. In a way she'd believed her parents would be around for her life. True, little did she know of her father but he was still family. Still the other half of her life equation. Huffing angrily she shoved her way through the gathered crowds and looked down at the body. She'd never know him, never play with him. Never understand why he had to die in her early life. That upset her. The sadness she felt was more for the father she would never had rather than the stallion who had been. Peering down at the corpse she watched others take feathers as keepsakes for the stallion that had lead them for so long. It seemed the right thing to do. So the youngster took three feather's from her father's wing, hoping to be reminded of how strong the stag had been. Also, that she did have a father. It may have only been for a short while but they were family.

Turning on her small hooves the young girl began to flee. The death was too confronting to linger in front of. Too infuriating to remain standing with the other mourners. Already her tongue wanted to lash out at them, tell them to just leave him be. If they mourned him that meant that his passing was real.

Pausing a fair distance away from the body of her father she looked back. Saw only parts of her father through the gathered legs. "Arrekaan sille kashi." There might not be a next time, they may never meet in the Sun God's domain but she believed that if he could, Gaucho would not move on without his family. Her and Verro included. "Ave." Her speech was rough and broken but for her father, one last time, she spoke directly to him.

Not wishing to remain and see who would be named in her father's place the girl set off to find what remained of her family. Verro.

Only then did I learn what I could endure.

Credit

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down. [death] - by Tasokh - 11-21-2016, 04:09 PM