the Rift

[PRIVATE] two black eyes from loving too hard

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Darwin&&Antaa
Got so much to lose, got so much to prove
God, don’t let me lose my mind.
Perhaps it was solace that Elsa hadn’t noticed Antaa’s presence, for the shrieking sounds that escaped the icy zephyr sent his own fiery counterpart into a frenzy. Her topaz eyes watched as he swooped to the earth, hopping around as if he had lost his head. And maybe he had, maybe Antaa was going to lose hers as well as she dove from her hovering, reaching the gentle lush earth beneath her – continually jumping in quite a frenzy in return. She squeaked a hello to him among her other chirping of nonsense (of course Darwin wouldn’t have been able to understand it, though it was more so along the lines of a similar status of what Darwin had asked Elsa) and she began to mimick the bouncing movement of walking that he had taught her when she was merely minutes old. Her wings spread out in an array of beautiful scarlet and orange flight feathers trickled with flame, shrilling her excitement before folding them up and bounding closer to Edgar in the attempt of getting his excited chatter in return.

Darwin’s attention though, was entirely on Elsa. He watched quietly as she shook her head at her companion and Darwin internally agreed. They were ecstatic, and it was almost awkward and painful to watch. And so he kept his gaze readily on Elsa, pale ears cupped to listen as he shifted his weight into a more comfortable stance. She began, speaking his name and how good it was to see him as well, and perhaps a bit of pride billowed in the chest of the man – that she had been excited to see him too despite not greeting him the way their companions seemed to revel and become infatuated with one another like long lost lovers. He chuckled, a smile landing on his lips as he nodded, but the smile began to fade as she began to speak of not knowing how she was feeling. His gaze lingered on her a bit longer, wondering internally what might have happened to her and if he could help in some way.

Still, he listened as she spoke. He nodded along with her, understanding where she was coming from with feeling alone. He had always imagined having a companion gave you that inherent idea that perhaps you’d truly never actually be alone – but having part of your soul another beast with a heartbeat and mind of its own as well as being able to trickle off and disappear at its own will (regardless if they told you or not) didn’t make it seem better. He understood that, and he understood it well. As Elsa attempted to laugh, Darwin set a small soft gaze on his lips, his eyes softening as he gazed upon the mare. “Hey, reality hits us pretty hard sometimes. It’s good to get off of your chest even if it isn’t the happiest of times. If you need to talk about something to make yourself feel better, I’m all ears.” His voice was calm, maybe even a bit soothing as he stepped a bit closer to close the distance Elsa had already began to prior. Yet, she diverted the attention of the conversation onto himself and he offered her a slight shrug – shifting his ebony barred wings in the process.

It has been quite some time. I wish I could say I was great as well, but I’m afraid I’m stuck in a tricky situation too.” He also attempted to joke, shifting and diverting his gaze down to his fiery companion as she danced. “I remember when I met you last time, I mentioned I was avoiding my brothers?” He asked lightly, tilting his head and returning his gaze to her. “Well, it didn’t last long.” A half sad chuckle passed his bearded maw. “I was brought to the Falls by a stranger who said my brother would be happy to see me again. When I showed up, turns out he thought I’d died and didn’t even bother to look.” His words drifted away as a sigh. “I suppose I shouldn’t have expected much more from Archibald.” A slight crease of sadness made its way into his eyes, but he refused to act and feel so stubborn and childish in front of her – especially not when Antaa was losing her mind. “But, as it turns out, Antaa can speak now. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think about plunging myself off a cliff already and all she said was two words.” A smile lit up on his lips once more, bringing back his humor as he tried to push back his frustration and sadness, but it still lined up along it.

"Talk."

image | coding

@Elsa omg theyre so cute i can't even handle it :|

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 08-29-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 08-30-2016, 12:15 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Darwin - 08-30-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 08-31-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 09-01-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 09-14-2016, 12:38 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 09-21-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 10-17-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 10-18-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 10-24-2016, 06:07 PM