the Rift

[PRIVATE] two black eyes from loving too hard

Darwin Posts: 74
World's Edge Protector atk: 5.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15 hh :: 4 Years (Ages in Birdsong) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Antaa :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix Skylark
Darwin&&Antaa
Got so much to lose, got so much to prove
God, don’t let me lose my mind.
The conversation had shifted from the struggles and hardships that each of them had faced over their time in Helovia, and with that was almost a breath of fresh air. Darwin paid close attention to Elsa as she sassed him, a small chuckle escaping his lips at her tone and word choice. He smirked to her as she continued but still shook his head. He followed her lead, though, and his attention drifted down to the icy zephyr as Elsa used magic toward him in the attempts at calming him down – yet all it did was fire him up more, and Antaa was more than excited at the outcome. He flew up toward her and she shrieked with excitement as he went to dive down to her. She felt the brief touch of talons against her fiery plumes, and pushed her wings down to get the extra air to do her best to rush up toward him, spinning in the air if she were to get near him to reach her own talons along the underside of his feathers before dropping ever so slightly away.

Darwin turned his attention back to Elsa as she mentioned going to the gods. His lopsided smile returned and he nodded simply. “If it gets to that point, let’s hope they understand.” A soft laugh passed by him once more as she shook her head to him. “I’ll take you with me too, so I don’t look like too much of a fool.” Another chuckle passed through him. But the question he poised to her earlier about why the phoenix got quiet when he shifted forms, only sparked a bit of pride in his breast. It was quickly sheltered by the idea that the phoenix might be afraid – which of course he didn’t think that was it. Elsa didn’t know his other form, but perhaps it might do a bit of extra justice to see what she thought of it. “She seems to get quiet and chatter in her own language. Here, I’ll show you.” His voice slipped past his bearded maw before he took a few steps away from the icy duo and prepared himself.

His wings spread out, cupping toward where Elsa and their companions stood while he closed his eyes and focused in the fire in his chest. The pain was always immense, but it was worth it in the end. His jaw clenched, teeth ground together quietly as he pushed the feeling further. First, his wings engulfed in flames, the heat and fire raced up his plumes to his back, soon engulfing him in a ball of fire. It only took a few seconds before it was over, and instead of a Pegasus standing there like before – a Phoenix stood before Elsa. Darwin smiled, stepping slightly closer to the group as Antaa lost her attention with Edgar for Darwin. She flew over to him and began to chatter just as he said she would, little quiet cooing sounds. Darwin lifted his head to her, a small smile growing on his beak before he looked to Elsa. “She gets distracted by it.” He added in, beak clacking as he spoke and wings folded up to his sides. He stood on two legs now, nearly being an identical representation of Antaa.

"Darwin Talk." "Antaa Talk."

image | coding

@Elsa <3

Pixel by BronzeHalo @ Deviantart

Permission given for moderate power play.
Feel free to use magic/force on Darwin, without killing him.
Please tag in every post!

Messages In This Thread
two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 08-29-2016, 07:12 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 08-30-2016, 12:15 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 08-31-2016, 02:14 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 09-01-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Darwin - 09-01-2016, 05:09 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 09-14-2016, 12:38 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 09-21-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 10-17-2016, 09:50 AM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 10-18-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: two black eyes from loving too hard - by Elsa - 10-24-2016, 06:07 PM