the Rift

[OPEN] where the sky hangs

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra
so i listen to the    wind for an answer
She’s always glad to see Alysanne – her first real friend here, her mentor, and now her Queen as well. Lyanna returns the greeting, bumping her own nose against her black and white friend, before laughing at the first comment. “Well, that probably would work. It’s quite amazing what one can do when they are about to go splat on some rocks. But I’m not sure I’d want to try that either.” Of course, she loves diving off the cliffs herself, but she learned to fly years ago. It comes as easily as walking to her now, and she knows the strength of her own wings. On a particularly windy day, she would never dream of jumping off that cliff – even after flying for so long. It is dangerous.

Once, she could have just moved the wind away from the cliffs, or angled it beneath her wings to lift her up. It had made learning to fly far easier for her than it probably was for everyone here. But even now, without her power, she still felt at home in the sky with the wind in her hair. It wasn’t the same, but it was something. Ultima asks what she suggests, but before she can reply, Gawen’s cry of ANNA, cuts her off. Thankfully, he’d announced his exuberant greeting, so she’s somewhat ready for the barreling sort of hug he gives her. She exhales with a bit of a oof, but otherwise manages not to get bowled over by the boy.

“Gawen,” she says with a warm smile and a laugh on her lips, reaching her head down to press her muzzle to the boys neck. His love for just about everyone in the Edge still amazes her, and still warms her heart. She can’t help the soft spot in her heart for the boy. “Gonna try,” she says in response to the boys question, slowly untangling herself from his brown and white body. Though she lets him linger for a moment before she does, rather enjoying having him tucked beneath her wing. Even if he might be using the gesture to get out of flying for the moment.

She turns to the assembled group when she’s got a bit of space between herself and Gawen. “You want to go up, not down. So we won’t jump off things, because it’s just going to get you moving downward anyway. And no, I promise, I will not ask you to jump off a cliff.” She gives them a playful grin, winking one of those teal eyes. “It’s easier if you get a running start while you are learning. Then, you are going to leap off the ground and think up. While of course, using those wings in big, powerful strokes to get yourself off the ground.”

She turns, backing away from the group a bit so she has some running space. She recalls showing this very method to Alysanne not all that long ago in Thistle Meadow. Which had been a much better place for teaching – no trees, no cliffs – but there’s enough space here for it to work. She picks up a canter and after a few strides, pushes off from the ground and unfurls her wings, using a few powerful flaps to get herself into the air. She turns, hovering off the ground a bit and watching them. “You guys try,” she says, climbing a bit higher in the air in order to get out of there way, but also with a quirk to her smile that says come and get me!

lyanna

art by yewrezz

@Gawen @Alysanne

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
where the sky hangs - by Ultima - 08-30-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: where the sky hangs - by Gawen - 09-06-2016, 03:52 AM
RE: where the sky hangs - by Lyanna - 09-12-2016, 09:54 AM
RE: where the sky hangs - by Alysanne - 09-13-2016, 08:26 PM
RE: where the sky hangs - by Ultima - 09-24-2016, 08:21 PM