the Rift

[OPEN] wind and sand

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

The nagging sensation of being watched builds. At first, it had been only a vague tickle, and I’d ignored it, as I mostly am now, but for occasionally scanning what I can see without turning my head. Now, it had become enough of an irritable sensation that even my youthful buck had become wary, his cheerful bounding having evolved into clustered leaps of watchfulness. The pauses between his forward movements include his looking about himself carefully before bounding on, which, of course, leads him to discover her first.

Glancing over towards the north, I see her. A snowflake of annoyance limping quite miraculously through the desert, at an angle that will, eventually, force our paths to cross, if one of us doesn’t yield, or divert. Figuring its been her who has been staring, and making Duir’s instincts fire off like Rexanna’s magical color bursts, I’m already slightly annoyed with her.

It seems to be her talent, I think with an amused smile, wondering if she was raised by a cloister of professional aggravators. It makes it a little bit easier not to bite her face off when, eventually, we are close enough that she could hear me call her a bitch under my breath, if that’s what I wanted to do.

For half a second, it is. I decide against it, however, finding that I’d rather hold on to what shreds of a good mood I might have for the day. Stopping, much to the anxious horror of Duir (who is immediately hiding behind me, both interested in the events and worried that they might be negative – at the least - all the same), I greet her with the most friendly grimace of a smile I can manage.

It’s not like I really want to talk to her, after all, but she’s here. I have some manners, after all, and, besides…

Has she been crying?!

The sight makes that small voice inside my head throw its arms up in warning. My conscience both mocks and pities the sight. Another part of me wants to know what has upset her, so we can poke fun at it, while another asks to give her sage advice like we did for Glacia. Duir nearly explodes with empathy, peering around my hindquarters in a sickeningly concerned way. All these emotions tussle for prominence in my thoughts, leaving me adrift on a spinning island of awkward for some time.

"How’s life, Hobbles?" I ask, already feeling the sun trying to bake me into the ground. It’s a joke, one that she’ll probably take badly, but I put on the easy grin which accompanies such uncouth humor regardless.

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Erthe

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
wind and sand - by Rikyn - 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 08-31-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-15-2016, 07:28 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-15-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-15-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-15-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-22-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 10-20-2016, 12:22 PM