the Rift

[OPEN] wind and sand

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Instead of shouting, the tear damp snowflake returns my joke with her own play on her bad leg. My smile arrives swiftly, a small bark of laughter rewarding her humor, followed by a nod that completely understands the desire for cooler weather. Hell, just look at me, and the dark blotches beneath me, where the sweat drips off my dark body in steady supply. She’s not sweating at all, as I now notice, and it makes the smile that had risen on my lips fade ever so slightly in envy.

"I couldn’t be more in agreement in that regard," is an off-hand comment over the course of my thoughts and wonders. Why isn’t she sweating? Had she only just left somewhere cool (where? Even the caves were stifling), or, was it possible that the chill I’d felt the last time we’d met, seeming to emanate from her wings as they delicately breasted the wind alongside me, truly had come from her?

It’s an interesting notion, but it’s not like I’m about to hug her to find out. I could just ask her, but she’s already leering down my flanks at the hovering moron behind my haunches. Having been noticed, the buck feels all his muscles tense up, his head lifting, small antlers twinkling where they are corded with feint strands of metallic shine. Still, the girl seems to look at him with much more enthusiasm than her forced friendliness towards me, and so, he doesn’t bolt, or attempt to hide. He simply stares back at her with his big, youthful green eyes, the hot wind buffeting against his chocolate coat.

"He, well, hatched, as weird as that is for a deer to do, at the beginning of the beginning of summer," I answer, not giving her his name at first. I’m more hung up on the wonder of exactly when it had been in relation to the last time she’d bothered me, a wonder that is as annoying as she is. Who cares? She doesn’t matter. She’s only a hybrid girl with a lack of better sense, as the feathered horses seem to be prone.

Even if she’s one of the only people who’s tried to be your friend, aside from Erebos, and Aelin…

"I called him Duir," I smile, despite the loathsome stream of thought that swims between my words. It’s mostly because, at the end of the day, I love my companion, and talking about him makes me happy - even if he is a coward. Who the hell is wary of a female midget cripple, anyway? Get your act together, buddy. "He doesn’t seem to mind the decision much."

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Erthe

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
wind and sand - by Rikyn - 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 08-31-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-15-2016, 07:28 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-15-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-15-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-15-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-22-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 10-20-2016, 12:22 PM