the Rift

[OPEN] wind and sand

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

She’s as amused by the idea of a deer hatching out of something as I was watching it happen, though it hadn’t really been an egg, per say. She talks about her father, she gives the name of his companion (Vlasi, like I’d remember it if my life was at stake), and prattles on about dragons naturally coming from eggs. Only girls can put that much information into one sentence, maybe children, of which she’s definitely both. I swallow down those clever insults and latch onto the first thought I’d had (and managed to hold onto) during her reign of topics.

"It was more of an orb, really," I elaborate, not liking that she’d be walking around spreading misinformation if she was allowed to continue the thought that my deer had come from an egg, "but, yeah. Dragons come from eggs. Zephyrs too, probably. I wouldn’t know for certain. I’ve only ever seen Duir arrive into the world, and I never listened to my lessons very well."

Kyst arrived with mother one day, new as could be, and Kirchoff, well, he’d just always been there, a part of my father. Erebos had found his kitsune while I was away. While I certainly wandered around enough to have seen more of the creatures being born, I also tended to skirt around people when I noticed anything intimate or potentially awkward happening, which was surprisingly more often than you’d think.

Erthë looks off into the distance anxiously. I note it passively, the slightest rising of my eyebrow indicating I’d noticed at all, mostly because I know how to wait for when nosiness will have the most payout.

She covers the gesture by encroaching closer on the buck, her dainty, white figure also, by default, pressing closer towards me. Feeling every pore on that side of my body tenses up, as if her hybridism would jump through my flesh somehow (that is just ridiculous, skin); my teeth grit together impulsively, and my long tail sweeps up around my opposite side. Trying not to be obviously dickish about it, I step to the side and pivot away, exposing the deer (who stares with wide-eyed in shock at my betrayal). I’m so horrified that she’s almost touched me that I don’t notice the cool which had emanated from her at first, and when I do think to think of it, I find myself distracted, trying to recall what she’s asked me.

Duir, also, feels fear fleetingly tear through his system, his head pulling back and up, and his large, soft ears tilting back. He doesn’t move, however, finding something within her crystal eyes that holds him still, and while his heart beat thunders through my head (alongside everything else), I manage to piece together enough of her words to reply - within good time, even.

"Orbs, ironically enough," I laugh distractedly, thoughts now turning more to the sensation of her body near mine as being cold, rather than just insidiously close, "a bunch of them were having a party about some pillar. I, err…"

Gods, it sounded so not cool describing this situation out loud. And why did I care what stupid Erthë thought, anyway?

"Well, they liked my humming the best, I suppose," I cut short the tale, while still including the vast majority of what had occurred. I won’t get into the deeper facts of the matter.

Besides, she’s now stopped her progression towards Duir, as if some invisible thing has grabbed her ankles. He nervously looks down at them for the perpetrator, and, finding nothing, looks over at me curiously. I shove my nose at her roughly, as if telling him to get this stupidity over with. She’ll stare at him all fucking day if not, and I don’t have time for that. I have questions that need answers, and places to be.

So he closes the distance, hesitantly, of course. I roll my eyes dramatically and earn a wave of hurt feelings for the gesture. Still, he slowly stretches his nose out towards the snowflake, a wave of surprise rising from him as he touches his muzzle to her tentatively. More boldy, he reaches out to touch her again, tiny hooves carrying him a step or two closer in the process.

The sensation of chill that is paired with it answers one of my questions, at least.

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Erthe

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
wind and sand - by Rikyn - 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 08-30-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 08-31-2016, 01:10 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-13-2016, 06:35 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-15-2016, 07:28 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-15-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-15-2016, 09:45 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 09-15-2016, 04:02 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 09-22-2016, 09:06 AM
RE: wind and sand - by Erthë - 10-16-2016, 02:36 PM
RE: wind and sand - by Rikyn - 10-20-2016, 12:22 PM