the Rift

you paper tigers[knox/any drake son]

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

Children. I missed my children. No, that was a lie. I missed them doing my work. It was so much harder to kill and injure myself. My muscles were still sore from the work of two nights' ago. Although that had been fun. Muscles under gray pelt moved, and I sighed, completely and utterly tired. So much work! Not anymore. Ha.

I had walked to meet my children. My little children, no matter how tall they may be. My robots. I had completed my work so very well, but their instant obedience cured any ill feelings in me. I enjoyed watching them work, watching them bleed, watching them fight, watching them rise to power. I had raised them. Not some softie parents who wanted to teach them about love. Pah! Love would get you nowhere in this world. A world always shrouded in mystery.

I slipped into a trot, a swift ground-covering trot up to the thistle meadow. I could smell them, my children. My children. Finally I could see them again. There they are- Archibald! Knox! Archibald's made me proud- he is general of the herd now. He is strong and smart, yet obedient. That's very nice. Perhaps he is my greatest achievement. I slow to a haunting walk, my eyes sparkling with devious light as I near them.

"Kids, have you missed me?"

""

Messages In This Thread
RE: you paper tigers[knox/any drake son] - by Mandrake - 10-28-2012, 09:56 AM